Wattpad Original
There are 9 more free parts

2. Another Damn Problem

Dom

What a headache.

What an utter fucking headache.

I ran my fingers over my scalp, the closely shaved hair was beginning to get long again. Great, another annoyance to add to the pile. I snarled in frustration as I stood, rounding on the mess of wolves and the pile of warlock on the ground next to me.

"Pin Amelia down!" I snapped. "Our position is compromised, we need to keep moving and now we need to drag an unconscious human with us."

The rest of the pack looked at me, surprised.

"Why the human?"

"Because, Jack, she was bitten. Look at her arm, she's going to turn in the next couple full moons."

The wolves continued to pin a suffering Amelia on the ground but took turns looking over what they were doing at the human's bleeding forearm. Jerod was stifling pained laughter while he writhed on the ground in bursts of pain. I looked down at him, the thought of kicking his ass while he was down was tempting. But from what I had seen, he and Amelia couldn't be separated for now, so the warlock would have to stay whole.

I looked down at the human I had knocked out. She had short black hair and a stubborn chin that suggested she was going to be a handful when she woke up. Scratch that, she had already been a problem in the two minutes I had known her. Fantastic. Another damn problem on my plate.

"Dom," Aaron said, catching my attention. His buzz cut and stern brow were coated in sweat and grime, reminding me of the hellish night we had just endured.

"Yeah?" I asked, reaching down to take the human's phone and pepper spray. Not that it was going to do much to any of us.

"I can scout ahead for more trees, but I think we're still pretty deep in the human cities. What about a hotel for the night?" Aaron asked.

"You think we can hide these two writhing in pain as we haul their asses into a hotel room?" I jerked my head to the ground where Amelia was fighting and Jerod was dry heaving. "And who knows what this human will shriek when she wakes up. No, I'd rather find neutral wolf lands or at least some deep woods. There is plenty of national parkland northeast of here, we just have to get to it."

Aaron nodded his head sharply, accepting my answer and holding down Amelia's legs.

"We could have stayed with the fae," Jack grumbled.

I raised an eyebrow at him, and he looked away sheepishly.

"We're getting as far away from this mess as possible before the lunaria's dream wears off, and then we're riding out what comes in an established camp."

"I thought we were cured though," Carson said nervously. "That fae lady, she did something to us before we left, right?"

I shook my head. "She said she would do what she could about how bound our bodies were to the drug. We won't go through what we've been through before with the withdrawals, but we'll still feel something. And I don't want to be here when we do."

"So what do we do then?" Jack asked.

I sighed through my nose and looked down at Amelia. What do we do now? This was definitely an alpha's job, and I wasn't equipped to handle the mess we were in without her. But here we were, and Amelia was all but useless.

"Phone."

I looked down at my feet where Jerod was hunched over, trying to dig something out of his pocket.

"Your phone? Why?"

"Call a... ride," he answered. "Favor."

I reached down and pulled a black rectangle from his pocket. But the black rectangle wasn't just a sleek black smartphone, it was black because it was a melted wad of plastic and glass.