In the end I chose to leave my hair down and curl it like I always do. I quickly clip on some earrings and a matching bracelet and applied some lip gloss to start my day.

I heard a knock on my door. "Hey, can I borrow some money?" Jeremy asked and I frown at him. "You're gonna get some from Jenna anyway she probably didn't make lunch."

"So true." He said and I laughed.

We head downstairs together. "Toast. I can make toast." I knew also knew she didn't make our breakfast in time. Jenna's still new to this whole guardian thing.

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena said pouring herself one.

Jeremy went over and stole her cup, she was annoyed but let it go and poured herself another one, I did the same as Jeremy and grabbed that one.

"Urgh! Seriously guys!" She said pissed. "It's all about the coffee, Elena." I said just to annoy her and she just rolled her eyes.

"Hey, girls. Knock it off." Aunt Jenna warned us. "It's your first day of school and I am totally unprepared." She rummaged through her bag to pull out money for each of us.

"Lunch money?" She held them up but Elena rejected the offer so Jeremy took her share and I took mine.

"Don't you have a big presentation today?" Elena asked Jenna. She checked the time on her wrist watch. "I'm meeting my thesis advisor... now. Crap!" She yanked out the hair tie that was holding her bun and was rushing to get ready.

"Then go. We'll be fine." I said, ushering her to leave before she's even more late. Jenna smiled before scattering off leaving the three of us behind.

Elena turned around to us. "You guys okay?" She said with a concerned look like an older sister.

Jeremy rolled his eyes annoyed at her. "Don't start." He said leaving with his coffee.

She turned to me. "Don't give me that look, Elena. You'll be the one getting most of the sympathy today." I said before leaving as well.

"Laura..." Elena called out to me but I ignored her. "At least let's go to school together!" She yelled.

"No thanks, I'm hitching a ride with Caroline!" I told her as I grabbed my bag from the couch and walked out the door.

A car was waiting for me and it was Caroline. I wasn't able to catch her over the summer break so I was happy to see her again. As soon as I hoped in the car, she surprised me with a bone crushing hug.

"Oh my god, Laura! I am so sorry. Are you okay?" She asked squeezing me in so tightly, I couldn't make a word properly.

"Easy Care. The girl's gotta breathe." I said fighting to breathe between her tight hug. "Oh sorry!" She pulled herself away from the hug that was killing me.

"I'm fine. Thanks for caring." I said.

"Well that's good to hear." She said starting the car and we made our way to school.

"How's Elena doing?" She asked and I immediately let out a groan. "I don't know. Why don't you ask her?" I scold at Caroline.

"Hey, don't use that tone with me!" She slap me on the arm.

"I'm sorry. It's just that-- I am so sick and tired of people always asking about Elena. I mean for the past few months people have been coming up to our door asking for Elena. Like 'Hello? I am her twin!' Why isn't anyone showing any concern for me?" I complained.

"Well, maybe it's because you're so cheerful all the time that people assume that you have don't show it that you're sad over your parents death." Caroline said making up an excuse for those people.