3. The Journey

"Oh, I just love the smell of the airport!" Emma said while taking a deep breath as soon as she entered the airport. She looked around her, taking in the atmosphere with a smile. She had always loved airports and traveling. Maybe because this was the only time her parents would really pay her attention. No business calls or other socialites coming in her way. That's why Emma always made sure to savor each and every moment of travel with her parents. After all, they were so rare.

"Airport has a smell?" Carter whispered to Anthony.

"Apparently."

"Let's go check-in quickly and then we can go buy food!" Emma squealed in Scarlett's ear.

"I love you Ems, but you have GOT to stop doing that." Scarlett winced, but everybody could clearly see the smile on her face.

They all made their way to the check-in counter, excitedly talking about their upcoming journey. Once they were done, they all advanced towards the lounge, with Emma asking all of them what she should get to eat. More like pestered everyone. This tempted others to get some food, even though they had no plans whatsoever. Emma just laughed evilly in response while rubbing her hands together. Eric reminded her that Halloween season has long passed. This earned him a swat from Emma before she good-naturedly joined in on the laughter.

"So, what's our schedule again?" Eric asked to no one in particular.

"If everything goes well, then we'll be reaching Geneva at 9:30 am. From there we have to board the train to Schilthorn which will leave at 11 am. We'll reach there by 3 ish hopefully. And then we'll have to take the cable car which is going to give us a ride to the Schilthorn hill station. And then, finally, a car will be waiting which will drop us off at the hotel." Carter said and then leaned back in his chair with a sigh.

"I don't think I've ever heard you speak so much at once," Eric replied, quite stunned. "Whose genius idea was it to land in Geneva rather than as close as possible to Schilthorn," Eric continued with a frown.

"That would be Emma and Scarlett," Anthony said. He cleared his throat and proceeded to do a very bad impression of them, "Oh, wouldn't it be such fun traveling on the train too. Anthony, traveling on the train is an absolute must. Make it happen!" He looked at the accused and gave them an innocent smile.

"Oh please," Emma said while rolling her eyes, "Just wait till you sit in the train and look out the window."

The group continued with their mindless conversation until it was finally announced that the flight from New York to Geneva was ready for boarding. Minutes later, all of them were in their seats settling in for the long and tiresome journey that awaited them.

Scarlett and Emma argued about who would get the window seat, but Scarlett won, in the end, saying she needed it as the view would help her stay calm. Besides she was sure Emma would be fast asleep as soon as the plane will take off. Emma begrudgingly agreed to this and finally gave in. The boys had already occupied one whole row of the middle aisle, looking at the girls while shaking their heads with mock disappointment as they argued about their seat, blocking the path of the other passengers.

As soon as they all got comfortable, the plane took off, officially starting their trip. Scarlett leaned forward to say something to Anthony when she noticed Eric taking a pill. As soon as he did so, he looked at her, opening his mouth as if to say something but stopped. Scarlett noticed his expression. It only lasted a couple of seconds but she caught it anyway. He had panic in his eyes, and worry etched into his other features before composing himself and smiling at her.

Scarlett stopped what she was saying to Anthony and turned to face Emma who had sleep written all over her. Her seat was reclined all the way and she was wrapped snugly in her blanket, ready to sleep any moment.