1 - Acknowledgement

The bell rang, signifying the end of classes for the day. There were still a few more days before the exam was to take place. 

Despite the substantial improvement from the idiotic trio, and I say "substantial" for their standards, surprisingly, I didn't trust them enough to succeed on their own. I had to come up with an alternative solution to this problem.

I had begun to brainstorm different possible methods that I could use for their success in the upcoming exam. One that particularly stood out to me was the possibility of simply buying the ability to pass the upcoming exam with no hassle. However, this did seem unlikely as everyone would be able to do it.

Nevertheless, I did want to see such a possibility becoming a reality. Exiting the class, I began making my to Class B. The hallways quickly filled with people anticipating going home for the day. I eventually found myself outside Class B and waited a bit before entering.

"Yalloo Yagami-kun~, have you finally decided to accept my offer?" Not even a second after entering the class the very flirtatious teacher, who somehow still had a job, called out to me. Thankfully, or maybe not, I was there to see just her.

Because of her very boisterous manner of speech, Hoshinomiya quickly attracted the attention of everyone around us. That is to say, all of Class B who remained. 

"Oh, hello! Who are you?" Another voice entered the fray. This one belonged to a purple-haired girl who wore an appropriately colored purple bowtie.

"Yagami Light, Class D. I'm here to see Hoshinomiya-sensei." Casually ignoring the teacher's earlier question, I redirected my focus to the girl in front of me.

"Hello Yagami-kun! I'm Amikura Mako, Class B! But I guess you already know that hehe." Amikura sheepishly laughed and she gave me a warm welcome.

"Yagami-kun? I'm Kanzaki Ryuji. Might I ask what you're here to see Ms. Hoshinomiya about?" Inserting himself into the conversation, a purple-haired boy by the name of "Kanzaki" took the more frontal approach and attempted to inquire about my visit.

It's only reasonable that some suspicion is cast upon me since it's not exactly common for a student from one class to casually enter another.

"It has to do with some study material that Hoshinomiya-sensei wanted to discuss with me previously, right sensei?" Putting the attention on her, Hoshinomiya put her index finger up to her chin as if she were trying to remember something.

"Hmm....study material, oh right! For that~ study material, of course, I remember Yagami-kun. Just give your sensei a second to get ready." Hoshinomiya began to pack up the materials that she had used for class.

"Yagami-kun, may I ask something?" Kanzaki who had still been observing our conversation, walked closer to me.

"Of course," Looking back to Kanzaki, I answered.

"I'm not sure if you know of her but Ichinose's our class representative and she had been bringing up the idea of establishing a proper relationship with another class in our year. We thought that the best option would be Class D as there should be no immediately conflicting interests because of our placement. Would you happen to know if your class would be open to such a thing?" Kanzaki spoke firmly. 

Class B's placement was good when first observed because of their relative proximity to Class A. The ability to become Class A would of course depend upon the abilities of the students and their unity. However, they would have to face adversity from both Class A who they want to overtake, and Class C who wants to overtake them.

Naturally, it becomes a matter of fighting on two fronts which isn't a good way to fight a war. So, the need to have an ally that can take away that attention from at least one class becomes vital for the overall stability of your very standing.