Chapter 48

Liam stepped into his study.

"Rarek" He greeted the man politely.

The man named Rarek stood up from his seat and fixed his suit before shaking his hand firmly with Liam.

Rarek was an imposing giant of a man. With his 6 foot and 5 inch of height, build body and hard to crack exterior, he easily dominated every inch of the large study.

Rerek an ex-military lieutenant was the security analyst and personal guard for the infamous Zain Cornell's wife. The man was more than capable of taking a down a whole battalion single handily.

With his vast connections both in the underworld and government, he was capable of finding everything and anything about someone within a few hours. 

And that was the reason, the ruthless and cold hearted monster known as Zain Cornell trusted Rarek to protect his precious wife and the man himself rose to the occasion many time.

Rarek was not only the head of Cornell Family security team but became very good friends with Dr. Amelia Cornell over the course of few years. He knew her enough to decode every sinister thought that comes across her mind. Although, most of her wicked plans were purely directed to drive her possessive husband up the wall, but she was still one of the most devious and smartest people he meant in his life.

Although Zain Cornell refuses to acknowledge their friendship, his beloved wife's safety was more important than his petty baseless jealousy.

Plus, Dr. Amelia was very stubborn to tame and Zain Cornell was scared to upset her by firing Rarek. That wicked witch had him completely under her control even without trying.

Running a hand through his disheveled hair, Liam sighed deeply. One part of his brain was itching to know the truth and the other wanted to cower away from the reality of this situation.

Regardless of his fears, he could no longer prolonged this. 

Liam walked around the desk and slumped down on his leather chair. He placed both of his hands on the table as he patiently waited for Rarek to report his findings. 

"Mr. Black, how much do you know already?" Rarek asked as he unpacked his briefcase to pull out his laptop and investigation files. 

How much did he know? 

Nothing. 

He knew absolutely nothing about the woman he so claimed to love. The thought left a sour taste in his mouth.

"Not much, start from the beginning." Liam answered bitterly.

"Very well then." Rarek replied professionally.

He pulled out a picture from his folder and placed it in front of the Liam on the table.

The picture was a bit old and had some water damage to it but overall the smiling faces of four people could be recognized clearly.

The picture seems to be taken on a colllege campus. The two females were standing in the middle hugging each other and the remaining two people were males in the pictures who had their arms draped around each of the girls.

Liam could easily recognize one of the males as Mr. Hereford in the picture and the lady in his arms as Mrs. Hereford. He had seen Mrs. Hereford pictures when he visited Abby's house in the past and thus remembered her face.

The other two people in the picture were complete strangers to him but the female looked very similar to Abby. So, he automatically knew she should be Abby's biological mother.