Chapter 42

Not now

Liam groaned inside his head. His angel of a son decided to wake up at the wrong time. He was just about to devour his wife and yet it was delayed once again.

Abby thrashed under his body to throw him off but Liam refuse to budge even a inch.

"What are you doing to mum?" Cole asked again.

He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He was still tired from staying awake all night long.

"Wrestling" Liam grinned.

He held Abby down under his body. Her one hand was still captured in his greedy paw while the other was numb from having Cole sleep on it for the entire night.

She tried to lift her free arm but it was tingling and lacked the basic strength to do anything at the time. Her entire body burned with anger as she laid under him helplessly.

"Wrestling? Then why does mum look so angry?" Cole asked.

He moved forward and cupped his mother's red face. She was really seething now.

"Because mum was losing." Liam laughed evilly.

Losing? As if.

Growling lowly, she grabbed the back of his hair with her free hand. She pulled on his hair viciously.

"Aah..." Liam cried from the pain pricking through his skull.

He stared at her in shock. Even though a smiled graced her lips, her eyes flashed nothing but cruelty as she pulled on his hair hard.

"Who was losing?" She asked through gritted teeth.

Her fist clutching Liam's hair squeezed even tighter with every word she spoke. She even twisted and threw his head back and forth few times just to avenge herself for the morning.

"I was. I was losing." Liam cried out.

Even though there was dull throbbing in skull now, he was brimming with happiness. He smiled at her like a love sick fool. He welcomed the pain she inflicted on him with open arms.

She scowled at his smiling face. She dropped the hand on his hair but not before giving another hard tug.

She pulled herself up the bed to lean against the headboard. Cole rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. He kept yawning. The young boy was really tired to make a fuss about anything now.

Abby opened her arms and Cole immediately fell into them. She carefully leaned his head on her shoulder and lifted his tiny legs from the bed into her lap. She held her son dearly.

Liam sat up on the bed and stared at the whole scene in awe. Unconsciously, the side of his mouth lifted in a gentle smile. He tilted his head to the side and gazed at his wife with absolute affection.

The more he stared at the amazing women before him, the deeper he fell in love with her. A part of him was jealous of Cole for having her affection.

He was dying to be in her arms like that but he quickly realized that he was only one who could touch her, kiss her, be with her in ways no other man could including her family and son.

The thought gave him a weird thrill and he willing sacrificed this tiny battle for the love of his son.

Liam smirked evilly. His greedy paws shook in excitement as they sneakily started to move upward against her leg.

Abby growled lowly at the rascal. She kicked him away but Liam manage to grab her foot. 

She tried to pull her leg back from his grip but he didn't let up instead he leaned down and kissed the top of her foot.