"Okay. I'll be right there. Don't leave without me." I warned, before closing the door. Behind it, I could hear David's retreating footsteps, before the disappeared fully. "Ten minutes...ten minutes..." I mumbled under my breath. Gathering my clothing, I threw it on, knowing I would be fighting in animal form. What I wore didn't really matter, because it would be my form and instincts that would be protecting me tonight. I hopped as I put on my jeans, nearly tripping on a misplaced shoe. Groaning, I quickly combed my hair, and raced out the door.

"Ten seconds and we're leaving, everyone!" David called from downstairs, but I knew it was directed at me. I chuckled, and continued to run down the stairs. "Nine...eight..." From my placement on the stairs, I could see his smirk. I made it to his side before he could finish 'four', and he gave me a satisfied nod. "Alright. Does everyone have what they need? Do we have the doctor on hand?" David asked, and a voice piped up from the back. With one last sweeping look of the crowd gathered in front of us, David sighed.

"Okay. I think we're ready to attack." He said, and I could tell that any nervousness he had felt before was gone. We were fearless now, and David and I had our pack to stand behind us through all of the fighting. Silently, we began to file out the door. More pack members had waited outside the house, and they soon began to follow us. As we hit the woods, David and I looked at each other, before quickly shifting into our wolves. With one swift flick of my tail, I signaled the rest of the pack to shift. Within seconds, all the pack members that had come to fight were in wolf form, and we ran, quietly, the route to Cassias's castle.

Normally, it may take and hour or two to get to Cassias's castle. But because of the swift pace we were going, and because we were running, the would we be cut almost in half. The trees thickened as we approached the center of the forest. The pine needle scent masked our musky one, which would prove to be helpful when the territory would be imperialised. The pack, still keeping a steady pace, followed silently, and on the night such as this one, not even an owl dared to hoot.

☩ ☩ ☩

'Are you sure that you're alright?' David asked through the mind-link, and I nodded into the darkness. 'I can always ask a wolf to -'

'I said I'm fine, David. Trust me. I know how to take care of myself.' I responded back, and he nodded solemnly. Then, he raised his tail, the signal for the pack to halt behind us. He jumped into a fallen tree, where he motioned for me to sit beside him. Bunching my muscles, I gripped the tree, and had leapt up with little effort. David looked impressed, but I averted my eyes to the members that sat below us.

'Members of the Kaiser Pack, we are less than a mere two miles away from one of our sworn enemies. These men have been enemies of supernaturals for centuries. Their betrayal has ultimately led them to choose the wrong path,and they now lay in exile, because of their murderous ways. We gather here, only several miles from their residence, because they have stolen a Kaiser Pack member, and because they have been causing us trouble for years past,' David looked below, and the gleaming teeth of the wolves glittered in the moonlight.

'Tonight, although it won't be a battle to end all decisions, it will be a battle. We must rescue our members, and we will take prisoners. If there is an encounter with Cassias, we must be sure to keep him alive. Do not kill unless they threaten your lives,' David looked around. The wolves below had tensed up, and their fur was bristling. 'When we get to the edge of the woods, remain in the bushes until I give signals. After each group leader gives a signal, we attack.' David glanced at me once.

His gaze scanned the crowd, before he hopped down from the fallen log. I spoke through the mind-link, announcing my part. I had not gone over it with David, but he would have to learn to accept me as an equal.