Epilogue- 10 Years Later

Start from the beginning

"Why not? You use my clothing lines and my makeup." Evie says, coming up behind me with her toddler son, Evan, holding her hand as he watches with a confused look on his face as his older friends run past him towards the school.

"Evie!" Carlos exclaims, letting go of me to hug her carefully around Evan. "I didn't know you were coming."

"And miss seeing my goddaughter go to her first day of school?" The blue-haired girl asks, nodding at Isla. "As if. Besides, I'm preparing for when Danielle starts next year."

"How's she doing?" I ask.

Evie flashes a perfect smile. "Good. Taking quite an obsession to her father's tastes, while thoroughly ignoring mine."

"Ah, good, so Serene here'll have a nerd to cheat off of when she starts school, then?" Carlos asks, earning a laugh from Evie and a nudge in the ribs from me.

"Either way, it's good to see you, Evie." I tell her, ignoring my husband's overly dramatic snort.

"Likewise." she smiles at me. "How's the vet business going, Carlos?"

"Good." Carlos brightens, just like he does every time this topic comes up. "We just got a baby unicorn whose horn had been accidentally cursed to turn anything it touches into rubber, but Mal's coming by later to remove the spell."

"Sounds interesting. Speaking of, I'm going to go talk to Mal. You coming, or are you going to go home?" Evie nods toward baby Serene. "She looks ready to nap."

"She's up way past her normal nap time." I laugh. "We'll stay a few more minutes, then head back."

"All right. See you later." She walks across the street, and Mal's face lights up when she sees her friend.

Carlos resumes his position with his arm around me. For a few moments, we just watch the third-generation villains and heroes gathering in groups and giggling at whatever kids giggle at.

A pair of arms, strong and bulky, with brown leather gloves, suddenly reach over and gently rubs Serene's nose. I look up and smile.

"Hi, Sera." I greet.

She nods to me, cooing at Serene. Then she straightens, peering over at the group of kids, searching for Janessa. "How's my goddaughter?"

"As crazy as ever." Carlos responds.

"Aw, she's just takin' after her fun Aunt Sera." Sera says, laughing.

"Is Arson over there?" I wonder.

"Yup. Gettin' his class ready for all the little youngsters." She chuckles watching the kids line up to go inside. Janessa seizes hold of Isla's hand, and they go inside together, squishing through the door side by side instead of being separated.

"She ever ask you about the Isle?" Sera wonders quietly when Jenna and Isla finally squeeze their way through.

Carlos and I don't answer for a moment. "Sometimes." I finally say.

"What do you tell her?" Sera asks.

A long pause goes by before Carlos answers.

"That's we'd never go back to the way things were."

Sera nods, satisfied. "Welp. You goin' home?"

"Yeah." I say. "You want to come?"

"And watch Princess Bride with you?" She grins. "You read my mind." Crouching in a sprinting stance, she nudges Carlos' knee. "Wanna race me?"

"I think I'll walk." He laughs.

"Your loss." Sera shrugs, taking off and sprinting for the car. Carlos puts his arm around me as we make our way back through the parking lot.

"Carlos?" I ask.

"Yeah?"

"Remember our date after I came back from my...gap year, at the Enchanted Lake?"

He glances down at me, a fond smile on his face. "Yeah. What about it?"

"Remember the white rock you got me?"

"Is now when you'll finally tell me what you wished for?" He asks me.

I don't answer right away, keeping my eyes fixed on my baby girl in my arms. As if on a cue, she suddenly yawns and opens her eyes. Her intelligent brown-black eyes blink up at me, and then she smiles.

Third-generation hero. And villain.

This is my happily ever after.

"This is what I wished for." I whisper quietly. "This is what I wanted."

I don't have to look up to know Carlos is smiling when he kisses the top of my head. 

__________________________

No joke, my heart is literally melting inside. It shouldn't be possible to be this happy over characters, but here we are. 

I couldn't bear saying goodbye to Descendants, so... I'm continuing! Third-generation Descendants, the kids of the characters we know and love!!!

Gotta say---naming the kids of everyone has been a BLAST. Anyone I didn't mention in this chapter will be introduced in the next book I'm starting soon--- "Serene & Janessa"

This cover is just the base so far

This cover is just the base so far. I haven't fully tweaked it yet, and I may or may not add a better title. I haven't decided yet. 

Anyway, I'm hoping to start releasing "Serene and Janessa" soon. Probably not for a little while, so I have some time to develop the storyline and everything. I've named all the characters, come up with personalities, and given actors that sort of capture them (except the boys---finding guy actors that match my characters is HARD) but I hope you guys will like them all!

"Serene and Janessa" ACTUAL storyline won't be out for a while. But hopefully very very soon I'm going to release a before-thing where I list all the characters, which actor I picked that kinda fit them to give a better visual, and their personalities and stuff. "Serene and Janessa" probably won't be out for a little while though. 

Anyways, I reallyreallyreallyREALLY hope anyone who reads this liked this chapter---and everything with Ellie before now---and doesn't mind that it's not ending just yet. 

Hold onto your hats people---because if you thought Audrey with Maleficent's scepter was bad, wait until you see what's coming in "Serene and Janessa"!!

*wicked laugh*