30.

Pixie was cuddled up beside Tyler on the sofa in his apartment.

"You know, I thought my brother was a good person," Pixie started. "Did he even like Diane at all or he was only pretending."
"Don't say that Pixie, with the little time I've spent with your brother, I know one thing for sure," Tyler said.

"Which is?"

"He really likes Diane," he replied.

"Really?!" She exclaimed.

Tyler sat up. "Look your brother is annoyed with Diane but that doesn't mean the feelings he developed towards her is gone," he outlined. "Since the time Diane left on that bus, Jason hasn't been himself."

"But he's cruel towards her," Pixie said. "Why ain't you seeing that side of him? Why am I the only one seeing that?"

Tyler smiled. "You're annoyed at your brother, that's the only part you'll be watchful of."

Just then, Miss Goldilock walked in on them. They sat up immediately.

"Miss Goldilock!" They exclaimed in unison.

"Sorry for not knocking," she said.

Then, they saw Jason walk in. "What's he doing here?" Pixie asked as she stood up.

"Pixie, calm down," Tyler said.

Pixie faced Tyler. "No I can't calm down. You know what he did Tyler."

"We know how to find Diane." They heard Jason say, cutting them off.  Tyler and Pixie turned to Jason slowly.

***

Pixie walked into the living room carrying a tray with four mugs containing coffee. She dropped it before them and they all helped themselves with a cup of coffee each.

"I have been watching Diane's movement since I started tutoring her," Miss Goldilock began. "Someone is after her life."

The trio looked at each other with confusion. "Why?" Pixie asked.

"I don't know that yet but I believe this person kidnapped her and this is not the first time the person will do so," she explained. "Most times, I see scars on her body."

"I do see them too," Jason added.

Pixie and Tyler glared at him. "Why didn't you ask her?" Tyler screamed at him.

"You think I didn't?" Jason fired back at him. "She refused to tell me anything about it."

"Hey guys, this isn't the time to scream at each other. If we're not fast about this issue, Diane might be dead before we find her," Miss Goldilock said, silencing them.

"Oh my God!" Pixie exclaimed and started shedding tears.

"Good news is, I know where she's been abducted," she continued.

"That's perfect, we can tell the cops and they will get her out," Pixie said.

"We can't tell the cops Pixie, it's dangerous," Jason said.

"Oh! So you can save her?" Pixie questioned.

Jason didn't reply, he only held his sister's eyes in a gaze for a while before he looked away. His sister is so against him and this hurts him a lot, if he had not allowed ego in, all these won't be happening.

"Pixie, your brother is right, we can't let the cops know about the location, not yet, we'll be putting Diane's life at more risk," Miss Goldilock explained.

"But how will we save Diane?" Pixie asked.

"That's what we should work on now," Miss Goldilock replied. "WE, the four of us are going to save Diane and we have to figure it out before tomorrow."

"But we can't do it alone," Tyler said.

"We're not doing it alone," Miss Goldilock replied. "We'll get the cops involved but not now, I know how we can figure all these out."

"So, what are we waiting for?" Tyler questioned.

Miss Goldilock relaxed back. "Are you guys ready to take this risk for Diane?"

Jason turned to his best friend and met his gaze half way. They have to do this.