"Ready to go?"

"Yeah."

Alex's POV

Mom drives me to school in Dad's Camaro. The guys love this car. So do the ladies. Dad told me that when I get my licence (which will be easy due to my intense vampire senses) he'll get me a car like his.

I'm pulled out of my thoughts as I see my school.

"Have a great first day, okay?" I nod and she smiles.

"Alex." I turn to face her again.

"Knock 'em dead." I laugh then I get out of the car. The bell rings and I head inside. My arm links into someone else's and I look over.

"Hey Lexy, how are you?" Kelly purrs seductively.

"Kelly, how many times do I have to tell you?" I pull my arm out of hers.

"Not interested." While walking backwards I run into something small. I'm pretty tall for a 16 year old at 5' 9", so almost everything is small. I turn around to meet a pair of dark blue eyes.

"Hey, watch where you're-" She turns around and smiles.

"Sorry, tactless. I thought you were one of Kelly's bitches that made fun of me this summer."

"Kelly is the devil herself." She laughs and I flash her the smirk I learned from my father. Wow. She's buttoned up, not like the sluts that flirt with me daily. She's absolutely beautiful.

"Can you help me? I'm having trouble finding my classes."

"Sure, can I see your schedule?" She hands it to me and I look at it.

"Wow, that's freaky."

"What?"

"We have the same schedule." She goes wide eyed then laughs.

"I'm Sam."

"Alex." She bites her lip.

"Well, let's go then." We head to class then I notice her shirt. Bring Me the Horizon.

"You listen to any A Day to Remember?"

"No. Way. We are going to get along just fine."

"My Dad says it's heavy metal but I say it's expression."

"Same here." She bites her lip again and I smile at her.

"Here we are. Science with Hollis." I hold the door open for her and she smiles. It's almost like she notices something then she groans.

"I'll be right back." She gets up then goes out into the hall. She starts yelling at someone who looks a lot like her. He gets in her face so I go out there.

"Sam, are you okay?"

"Who the hell are you?"

"I'm Sam's friend." He scoffs.

"Sam doesn't have any friends." Her eyes water.

"Oh yeah? Who are you?"

"Alex, this is my brother, Luke."

"I don't treat my sister like that, Luke. They deserve better than that." He rolls his eyes then walks away.

"I'm sorry about him."

"No, it's fine. Come on. We're gonna be late." We head inside and Sam's bracelets fall down, revealing crimson lines across her skin. She notices me looking and she opens her mouth but no words come out.