CH 1.2 - Betrayal (PU)

Ah, a matchmaking invitation. How uncommon. Jaehwan's Master plucked that invitation out of his mailbox. He undid the navy blue envelope laced with a gold ribbon. Usually, he turned them down immediately, throwing them into the trash bin but for some reason, he felt unusually drawn to this one. He read the contents carefully, liking what he was seeing.

An image of Jaehwan's pathetic smile flashed in his mind and he hurriedly shoved the invitation back into his post box. He couldn't possibly hurt Jaehwan like that. No, that would be cruel. To hurt someone whom he loved so much, his one and only. He shook his head and tucked his fur jacket neatly and headed for the patio so that he could sit with Jaehwan.

"Sorry to keep you waiting, darling,"Shujin smiled and plopped himself in the chair next to Jaehwan. "It's okay, Master. I get it,". Shujin looked at Jaehwan's innocent face and groaned internally.

Really, would he want to go to a matchmaking event and risk losing such a precious person in his life? He did raise Jaehwan. He brought Jaehwan up and heavily sheltered him from external influence. Jaehwan didn't even have a smartphone until he was 16. He was also homeschooled for the most part. The only person he had ever talked properly with was his Master.

He huffed again and rubbed his tired eyes.

But then again, Shujin was probably too old for Jaehwan. His precious Jaehwan already has a partner who is the same age as him. He eyed Jaehwan's friendly hazel eyes which always had a benign gaze to them, his soft pink lips and porcelain skin.

Could he really ever find someone else just like this? Jaehwan smiled at his Master and raised his glass shyly. "Cheers Master. I love you,". The man shot him a wide smile to mask his guilty face. "Cheers my baby. I love you too,". Their glasses clinked and Shujin watched his little darling sip on his wine. "It's delicious Master~~ Thank you,"He giggled and pecked the man on the cheek gently.

Shujin just pecked him on the forehead and sipped from his glass. "You're welcome, Angel. I'll send you home tomorrow. I'm happy that you've kept your promise,". Jaehwan just giggled even more and smiled at his Master, eyes twinkling like they had the stars in them.

How sad it would be to have another happy mirage of Jaehwan's shatter.

_____________________________

Only the elite were there. Those who could afford such luxury. Those who were wealthy enough to even show their faces. That matchmaking event. People recognised Shujin, no doubt about it.

However, Shujin was very good at hiding the fact that he had been raising a boy more than a decade so they didn't really know about Jaehwan's existence. The old man himself sat across the bar, being entertained by the live band at the end of the room. He overflowed with charisma, the room filled up with his presence as he walked around. The man felt guilty and he planned to bury the truth from Jaehwan for as long as he could.

"Is that seat next to you empty?" Came a soft yet masculine voice. Shujin looked up to see a blonde, slightly younger looking male. "Yes, it is. Have a seat,". The young male pleasantly took a seat next to Shujin, grinning shyly. "You know, I've been watching you across the room, (Shujin's real surname but we'll call him Shujin only)-san. You have such a strong aura around you, it really draws anyone in." Shujin just chuckled in a friendly manner and sipped on his wine. "Have you ever had sex?". The older man froze.

'Wow? Asking me that already? Sheesh'.

Annoyed, Shujin just grunted, trying to kill the conversation without being too rude. "Was your partner great in bed? Are you guys together?". Shujin bit his lip. He thought about Jaehwan coming over every month and calling him every week, as promised.