CH 9.1 - Iridescent Adoration (PA)

Trigger Warning: Objectifying Language

Brick walls accentuated that homey feel of one café in Hampton. Nagisa sat there, with a nice hot cup of americano coffee with Yuto clinging onto his arm, a hot chocolate with toasted marshmallows to start his morning. To Yuto, it felt new to just sit at a café for breakfast. Usually, he cooked and prepared breakfast the night before so that he could just heat it up in a pan and slide it into Nagisa's bento box with ease.

He hadn't really adjusted to being in England yet but it had only been two days since he had arrived. Hitomi had a video chat with her brother yesterday and showed Yuna asleep in her lap, purring. Yes, they chose Hitomi to cat sit Yuna. When Yuna recognised the sound of their voices, she cried and even pawed at the screen violently. That almost moved Yuto to tears.

"Nagi, do you think Yuna will be okay without us? The way she cried yesterday made me feel so guilty,". Warm hands pet Yuto on the head tenderly. "She's our baby. I know that both of us miss her a lot. But, I'm sure she'll be fine. Hitomi and my other siblings are taking care of her at our family home. It's good for her to socialise while she's young,"Nagisa explained, his voice husky.

Quietly agreeing, Yuto sipped on his hot chocolate while they waited for their sandwiches to be toasted. Nagisa examined Yuto's right hand, admiring the promise ring that fit his ring finger snugly. "Mine. For as long as I live. All mine,"He muttered, staring at Yuto as he tried to eat one of his marshmallows. "I'm aware, Nagi. You don't have to tell me that everyday,"His partner giggled before taking a good bite out of his marshmallow.

Reaching out, Nagisa gently pinched Yuto's cheek that just looked even softer because it was full of marshmallow. "You're naturally adorable. I just like to remind myself about how lucky I am to be able to hold you in my arms every night,". Yuto smiled at his boyfriend and allowed him to caress his face. "I should be the lucky one. I've never thought that anyone would date me, let alone a man 16 years my senior,".

Nagisa shook his head, his hand cupped as he ran his thumb across Yuto's cheek. "Well, I'm not just "anyone" to you anymore. Ugh, you're so fucking cute,"He groaned and the waitress serving them their toasty sandwiches laughed. "Love is in the air, now is it?". Nagisa nodded confidently and looked outside the window. "It can't be helped when you're with someone who's an absolute darling".

The cashier shuddered and his colleague laughed at him. "Damien's allergic to all this love that's in the air. I think if you two snogged, he'd dash to the washroom to throw up,". Nagisa chuckled politely and put his hand down to sip his coffee. "Well, my love wouldn't appreciate it if I did that to him in public. Your colleague is saved,". Damien sighed in relief before turning to the door to look at another group of men approaching. "At least someone has a brain around here...".

"Harvey! Ya dingbat! Where've ya been all this time?"One of the men exclaimed and Nagisa snickered at him. "Been improving my love life back at home. Guess you're still a lonely bugger, Thomas,".

"Oh fuck off, Vey. I betcha still jump from cock to cock like a slut," Thomas grumbled, taking a seat. "Actually, I brought my boyfriend with me. See?"Nagisa smirked as he gestured to their matching promise rings. "Oh, a boyfriend? Are you serious? Finally some good fucking news,"Someone else chimed in, turning to face Yuto.

Turning to look at Yuto as well, Nagisa held Yuto's hand and stroked it tenderly. His friends were really a wild and loudmouthed bunch and it did worry him a tad bit that Yuto's anxiety would spike because of them. Especially since Thomas didn't really know when to keep his mouth shut. "Vey, are ya sure yer not forcing him to be with ya? It's like he's not got a tongue". Yuto bit his lip and looked up to face them, his bottom lip quivering.