CH 1.1 - Red Flags (PA)

Trigger Warning: Abusive behaviour and Love bombing

_________________________
The Letter

To KIRISHIMA Yuto. I'll be out of prison soon.
I'll come get you back.
Will see you soon

-KIRISHIMA Ruri
_______________________

A year had passed since Yuto received that letter. He had been dating Nagisa for a year now.

.
.
.

Nagisa returned home after a tiring day at school. Of course he looked forward to seeing his precious Yuto again. Although, he had some work to hand in and would return home much later than he was expected to. The older man sighed in relief as he opened the door to his house. "Tadaima,"He called out calmly, letting his voice echo throughout the house. 'As I thought, he's not home yet', He chuckled to himself after waiting for a response. He got changed and made himself some tea while a note stuck on the fridge caught his eye.

The older man smiled to himself as he pulled the note off the fridge. "That's so cute of him,". He cooed happily. He opened the fridge and took out the food that was neatly wrapped in biodegradable paper. He was very grateful that Yuto had made food for him even before heading to school. His schedule had grown even more hectic and his fragile frame had grown to be even more frail. Nagisa felt bad for him but there was nothing he could do but offer support and love.

After all, with Yuto's graduation getting closer and closer, he only had to push himself a bit more before he would be liberated for the next few months. The older man heated up the food and helped himself to a hot meal that was prepared with love.

Sometimes he wished that Yuto had more confidence in himself. But he also understood that social anxiety wasn't going to go away so easily. After years of being isolated and abused, it would take a lot of courage and patience to help his precious overcome his fear of other people.

Despite all that, Nagisa had already swore to himself since the moment they had begun going out together that he wouldn't ever stop treating Yuto with love and respect, even if he had already got the privilege to see him smile brightly, to see him laugh his head off like an idiot.

For now, his small smile and cute shy giggles were more than enough to suffice Nagisa's own happiness. That poor boy had already gone through infantilisation after being abused. He'd used to have asked Nagisa for permission to do even the simplest things like eat or use the bathroom. He had never felt like he was in charge or superior. In his mind, he is the lowest of the low and Nagisa hoped to change that mindset.

After washing up, he sat down at his usual armchair and sighed in relief. He couldn't wait for Yuto to arrive home so that he could praise him and spoil him for the day. Nagisa had already become dependent on his partner to stay sane and to cut ties with his reliance on drinking and frankly, it's working. As he got up to get a glass of water, he heard a car being parked in front of his house. It was odd to him, because the neighbours had their own driveway and plenty of space.

But after peering out of the window, he saw a familiar woman step out of the car and gaze at the house cautiously. Then she noticed Nagisa watching and shot him a sheepish grin.

That was when Nagisa knew that the day had finally come.

.

.

.

Yuto arrived home late in the evening. He expected Nagisa to come over to him and hug him. But when he opened the door, Nagisa shoved him into their room quickly. "Yuto, just stay put, okay? I don't want to scare you or anything but your mother's here,". The boy felt his blood go cold. 'What?!'. Yuto gulped and slipped off his schoolbag quietly. "I-Isn't she in prison?". Nagisa shook his head. "I don't know anymore. She said she wants to see you,". Yuto's face was pale, drained of colour. "N-Nagi, I don't want to see her! Please don't let me see her!"He whimpered, his head beginning to spin.