9. Soviet and Reich

Soviet Union sat on a bench in his prison cell, humming a tune to himself. He stared up at the ceiling, as dark as it was, it was the only thing to do. He heard manic giggles from a cell beside him, trying his best to ignore it.

"This is fun!" A rough voice came from the other cell, "And I bet Germany doesn't know I'm here!"

"He'll know soon enough," Soviet murmured, "I don't even get why you want to be here so badly."

"Aw, Sovi," They sing-songed, "You know I can't stay away from you for that long~"

"Oh, shut up," Soviet grinned, "If you stay quiet and a new guy gets here we could be in the same cell. Behave."

Soviet was demanding. He didn't ask. The other felt his heart flutter at that, he loved Soviet's dominance. He pressed his head to the wall, trying to get as close to Soviet as he could.

"Sovi, can we try getting out of here?" They complained, "I can't wait any longer-"

"Reich, save it for dinner," Soviet demanded once again, "We can discuss it in the cafeteria, okay? We can talk about something else in the meantime. You can be like... This... later."

"I don't want to wait that long!" Third Reich exclaimed, throwing a tantrum like a child, "I want to hold your goddamn hand!"

"We saw eachother at lunch. And damn, I thought some of this clinginess would've disappeared with our time apart," Soviet huffed, "Turns out more replaced it. Anyway, take a nap so the time goes by, and before you know it, it'll be dinner. Okay?"

Reich admired Soviet's plan, suddenly going quiet and lying down on the cold floor he sat on. He glared at the bed on the other side of the room, shrugging, he wanted to be close to Soviet over sleeping on an actual bed.

Soviet sighed as no more chatter came from Reich, almost upset that he didn't get to talk with the moron. He did love him. And he loved him strongly; he just wasn't sure what the world would think of them, and if Reich kept talking that loud around other cells... Other countries would find out.

"Do you think Fascist Italy is here?" Reich asked, his voice no more than a whisper, "And Japanese Empire?"

"I'm not sure about Fascist," Soviet replied with hesitation, "Even so, he'd probably be scared about you around. He did switch sides in the war, after all. And Japanese Empire, I know isn't here."

Reich hummed, closing his eyes. Soviet, on the other side of the wall, did the same.

"Sovi?" Reich asked.

"Yes?"

"I can't wait to see you in the cafeteria."

Soviet hesitated.

"Sleep well, Любовь."

*

Reich narrowed his eyes as he searched for a certain ex-country in the crowd. He frowned when he couldn't see Soviet, he sighed and tried to find a space he could sit. Countries on the tables, who looked beaten up and bulky, stared him down, they knew what Reich did long ago. Reich was forced to sit on a table in the corner, he looked down to the mush on his plate, dismayed.

Reich almost jumped out of his skin when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Here I was, thinking you'd hunt me down just to see me," They chuckled, sitting beside Reich. A huge grin spread over Reich's face as he suddenly hugged the country beside him.

"We should break out," Reich tried persuading Soviet. Soviet chuckled once again, Reich pulling out of the embrace, shoulder to shoulder with Soviet.

"How would we do it?" Soviet asked with mild interest, "Because as far as I know, this is a prison with tons of guards."

"Guess what!" Reich giggled, Soviet raised an eyebrow, "One of the guards is Fascist Italy! I saw him walking around earlier! You're right, Sovi.. he is here."

"Wow, great news," Soviet informed Reich, "He doesn't like us. You especially. Even if he did let us out, we'd probably be caught in a few minutes anyway."

"It's worth a shot!" Reich clutched onto Soviet's arm, looking up at him, with a somewhat desperate look in his eyes, "I know I said being here was fun, but I didn't mean it was that fun.. please?"

Soviet stared into Reich's eyes. His eyes quickly darted around the room, to make sure nobody listened. He leaned down to Reich's height, placing a hand on the shorter country's shoulder.

"Try asking him," Soviet whispered, "If he says no, don't try to persuade him. He'll call that suspicious, and tell the other guards. Then we'll be here for longer than we're supposed to. Okay?"

Reich cheered, hugging Soviet, as Soviet huffed, grinning. Soviet decided not to eat, the food here wasn't great - Reich, however, was picking out small pieces of union. Soviet raised an eyebrow as Reich arranged them into a familiar hammer and sickle.

"Soviet Onion," Reich snickered. Soviet facepalmed and groaned as Reich found it absolutely hilarious.

"Really," Soviet sighed, unamused, "Here I thought you'd try and steal a whole onion from the cafeteria, and draw a hammer and sickle on it. You've done this all day. Breakfast, lunch, and now. You should get more creative."

Reich hummed, continuing to build onto the symbol. Soviet, while he completely ignored the German, stared off into the distance, thinking about what Fascist would say. Of course he'd decline. But he didn't want Reich to feel down because he declined his idea, he wanted to at least give Reich a tiny bit of hope.

On the other hand, though, it was Reich's decision to get himself into prison to be with Soviet. Now they had to both get out of there. God, what a pain.

Soviet had to admit, though, he did want to get out of that place.

Soviet rested his head on his hand, bored. He then looked down to Reich, still playing with his food, and smirked - he kissed Reich on the cheek, making the other freeze. Then, with some hesitation, Reich grabbed Soviet's face, kissing him properly.

It didn't last long, though. Soviet quickly pulled away, before anyone would notice.

-

I'm back.