October 13, 1934

Quick flashback and then everything will be back on track.

OCTOBER 10TH.

The air was chilling in Manhattan, people were bundling up and the sky was darkening earlier and earlier.

Bucky hadn't been over since Annabelle had stormed upstairs, she didn't stay to hear her mothers psychotic screaming, she climbed down the trellis and caught her Gran's eye before running off into the night.

Bipolar disorder.

That's what her father had told her when shed first asked.

Her mother had it, her mothers mother and so on, it seemed as if Annabelle was the first female in a long line to not be burdened with uncontrollable mood swings.

In the year 1934 a minor brain defect or chemical imbalance such as this was looked down on like a murder, no one went for help because no one wanted to be in those god-awful mad houses.

Annabelle came home late at night, and apologized to her father, her mother couldn't seem to be able to look her in the eye.

Annabelle was confused, and even more so when she saw the food all still untouched and in the pots her heart started racing.

"Gran what happened?" She asked not announcing herself as she entered her grandmothers new room, Betty was unpacking pictures.

"It's not my place to say, but running off the way you did was irresponsible." She lightly scolded.
"I couldn't sit here and listen to her." Annabelle said shamefully.

"You might wish, later that you had."
...

SEPTEMBER 13 1934.

Bucky had made no attempt to communicate with Annabelle since fight night.

He missed her like crazy.

He pulled on his book bag and walked to school with his head low, he knew she would come up and try to tell him that he was sorry and that her mother hadn't meant it.

But she hasn't seen Lorelais face.

She had meant it.

"Hey Bucky!" Some blonde said running up to him bouncing and twirling her hair on her finger.

"Hi." He said flatly walking away.

"Hey bucks." Steve said softly.

"Hey." He continued walking.

He'd been in a trance since that night.

"You okay?" Steve asked carefully.

"No." Bucky pulled him aside. "I don't think I can stay away from her, but the idea of never seeing her again makes me sick, I can't believe Lorelai would do this." He spat. "It's disgusting." Bucky looked on the verge of tears.

"Buck." Steve said quickly. "She's coming this way."

And so she was.

Annabelle Adams bounded up to the two boys she had befriended, her red curls flying around her like a fiery halo.

"Hey guys, sorry about my mom, she can be a bit crazy." She said with a laugh. "My whole family is walking on glass right now it seems."

Bucky was staring at her, like a deer in headlights.

"No one will tell me what happened, I snuck out after I went upstairs, I didn't hear any of it."
Bucky and Steve shared a look.

"Your mom told us a thing or two." Bucky said harshly, nearly falling to his knees at the hurt look on her face.