Another set of footsteps click towards your direction. A small part of you thinks it might be Derrel, though you doubt it. He closed off the conversation with the last remark he made. Why does everybody want to talk to you today, anyway?

"______?" It is Angela this time.

"Hmm?" You look up at her baby blue eyes. She has her braided, long brown hair draping over her right shoulder, her pale peach skin matching her attire. You wonder if Derrel has tried going after her yet, and if he has not, is he crazy? She is quite the looker and has a pleasant personality. If you do not get something, you look to her to help you out - she has been here longer than you.

"Judy wants you. I think it's important." She glances to the right absentmindedly, seemingly thinking about something as her eyes seem to wander off into space as does her mind.

Letting out a sigh, you get up and respond with, "It's always important if it's Judy. Thanks for telling me." She snaps out of her trance, startled in the slightest.

"Oh, no problem." She mutters.

As you walk away and towards Judy's office across the grey tiled flooring, you wonder about what she would want from you.

Coming to the door of her office, you grab hold of the doorknob and turn, gently pushing the well-oiled and squeak free door open. "Ma'am?" Judy is your boss. She announces when new cases pop up, and your coworkers eat it straight from her hands. She is of medium height for a woman of her age, in her mid-thirties, and dresses plainly yet sharply, going with her entire demeanor. She is a very straightforward black woman with a great intuition that has almost never steered her wrong, which sometimes leaves you to wonder why she has not taken a position like yours herself.

"Come in," she seems to sort through some tan folders and freshly printed papers as she does not meet eye contact. Did you do something wrong? "Take a seat." Now that is some Chris Hansen shit right there. "We have this new case, and it's of a man who went missing not too long ago. I want you to work on this case for me, since you seem the most capable yet available one at the moment."

"Alright." You smile a bit, happy that you are getting a case personally assigned to you.

She nods subtly, seemingly appeased, "Good, I expect results very soon, Ms. ________." Sometimes, she reminds you of Amanda from Detroit: Become Human. You have seen a bit of that game, as Angela will not keep quiet about it, since it involves robots, detectives, and robot detectives.

She hands over the classified files and you reach your hand out and grab hold of it, taking it into your own hands. Maybe you should keep this on the low for now, considering people around here are pretty nosy, especially Derrel. You have seen him approach co-workers who got new cases to ask questions and talk about his own several times.

"Don't worry, I won't let you down."

***

A yawn threatens to climb up your throat, the oil slicks under your eyes and your drowsy body language a huge indication as to why.

There is so little you can do as of now, but you were given exclusive files on the man you are searching for, so that is definitely a big crutch to lean on. What you are working with? Your mediocre laptop, a squeaky desk chair, and the darkness of the room. Apparently, this guy used to work as an animator. His name is Henry Stein, and is married to a woman named Linda, having a little girl back at home. The guy had gone missing for quite some time now, without a trace, which is odd. Perhaps you can try your luck though, and visit this old building that he used to work in as the co-founder of Joey Drew Studios.