Oh Captain, My Captain! [Carol Danvers x Reader]

Carol Danvers.. Where should you start?

Your relationship with Carol has always been....different. Ever since the woman was introduced to the team, she had taken an interest in you. You didn't notice this particularly. But your teammates definitely did. They observed the intense energy in the air whenever the two of you talked. Tony termed it as 'aggressive sexual tension.' 

The thing is, even if you did notice, you were too hesitant to do anything about it. You had never been with a woman before, and were cautious to approach this topic. You had nothing against experimenting, but were too scared to try. And, so you did nothing while Carol tried (many times) to unsuccessfully hit on you.  

Meanwhile, Carol was not ready to back off. At all. She was way too interested in you to stop. She was ready to go to any lengths to try and get with you. She would not back down unless you actually rejected her advances verbally (which, technically, you never did.). 

The other Avengers also really, really wanted to see the two of you together.

('They're so cute!' Natasha would gush about the two of you, while Loki would nod in agreement in their '(Y/S/N)' fan club meetings every Thursday. It was an exclusive club, consisting of the redhead, both the Asgardians, the witch, and the arachnid boy. American Glory joined sometimes for the free food.)

Your sneaky teammates concocted a plan to bring the two of you together. Many ideas were rejected in the process.

("No, Tony, we won't lock them in a room together." "No, Bucky, we won't give them a dare to kiss each other." "No, Sam, we won't gift them matching lingerie! Where do you even get these ideas from?!")

The plan was classic: Throw a party. Get the subjects drunk. And then lock them in a room together. 

The date was set. The invitations given out. The outfits chosen. All that was left was to wait for that fateful day (actually, night. But whatever).

-

 You'd have to admit: You looked absolutely bomb in that mauve silk dress. The dress had a plunging neckline and a slit in the right leg from the mid-thigh. The dress was a bit risqué , but you absolutely loved it. Grabbing a glass of wine from the tray, you nodded to the waiter and scanned your surroundings. Everyone seemed to be having fun. But, you were looking for one person in particular - Carol. The girl hadn't hit on you the whole day, and you were feeling admittedly sad (for reasons unknown to you.). 

The girl in question came into your sights suddenly, descending from the staircase. She looked absolutely ethereal. She was wearing a dress not unlike yours, but hers was lilac and in satin. She too, seemed to be looking for someone. When her eyes met yours, she smiled and started strutting towards you. 

"Look at you, (L/N)," she remarked as she came to your side, eyeing you from head-to-toe, "You look like a goddess."

"I should be the one saying that to you," you told her.

"Psh, not at all. I feel so awkward and out of place in this dress. Maybe I should just stick to camo pants and boots," she chuckled.

You trailed a finger down the length of her arm (The wine gave you courage) "I think you look more than fine."

Carol stared at wandering finger with a raised eyebrow and commented, "Finally giving me some sort of response, huh? I never thought this day would come."

You smiled bashfully, "I was too scared to act on my feelings. I have never-er-been with a woman."

"Well, there's always a time for firsts," she winked, grabbing your hand. 

"You know what? You're right!" you exclaimed, and with sudden fervour, started leading her towards the staircase.

-

"We haven't seen (Y/N) nor Carol during the whole party. Our plan could get ruined!" Natasha exclaimed, stressed.

"What if they are already getting it on in one of the bedrooms?" Tony smirked.

"Have you seen (Y/N)? No way," Bucky scoffed. 

"We should check, just in case," Tony prodded.

"The fuck, Tony? I don't want to walk in on them," Clint said, disgusted at the notion.

"Well, what if they both are actually cooped up in their respective rooms, not wanting to attend the party? That'd make this all go to waste," Steve pointed out.

"Yeah, let's definitely check the rooms then," Sam nodded, already going in the direction of the bedrooms.

"Let's check, (Y/N)'s first," Natasha said, turning the doorknob. 

Nothing. Empty room.

"That's weird," the redhead commented, "Where would she be?"

"I'll go and check in the library," Thor suggested.

"Yeah, you do that," Wanda agreed.

"Now let's go and check where Carol is," Vision said.

Stepping in front of Carol's room, Wanda turned the doorknob without paying attention to the muffled sounds coming from the inside. "Let's see- oh my God! Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Wanda turned abruptly with her eyes scrunched shut and mouth gaping open.

"Lemme see, lemme see!" Tony exclaimed excitedly, elbowing his way to the front of the door. 

The billionaire smirked at the sight of you sitting on top of Carol, with the both of you having your dresses down to your shoulders, obviously having been in an intense make-out session before your teammates interrupted.

"Get lost Tony, you pervert!" you screeched, while Carol just laughed into your exposed shoulder.

"Not as spicy as I hoped, but okay," Tony giggled, ducking just in time to miss the cushion you had furiously thrown at his head. 

-

Okay so, this was requested by my friend, who's a really hard Carol stan. She's absolutely gay for that woman, and I had to write this on her request. She would've  positively murdered me otherwise.

Hope this is not as crappy as I think it is.

-S.xx