Coding Hearts [Sam Wilson x Reader]

The Avengers were faced with a problem they couldn't solve.

They had been at it for God knows how long.

Even Tony goddamn Stark couldn't solve it, and it had taken a toll on him. The genius hadn't had a good night's sleep for days.  He was always on his computer, frantically searching for a way to get this catastrophic bug out of the system.

Yes, you read right-Somebody had hacked into the Avengers' database, and they were unable to flush it out. Furthermore, the bug seemed to be timed and posed a threat of exposing all the highly-confidential files out into the open.

"We can't just sit here with our hands in our laps, waiting for some miracle to happen!" Clint yelled exasperatedly during one of their meetings.

"We're trying, Clint, we are!" Wanda replied, throwing her hands in the air.

"Well then we're not trying enough! The countdown has come down to fifteen hours. In fifteen hours, all our secrets will come out in the open," the archer snapped.

"Even you couldn't do anything about the bug Clint. You sat there for three days, and you still couldn't do anything about it. You know it's turning out to be impossible for us to crack this code," Natasha spoke up, "And why do you care if our files get exposed? They have, in the past. All our lives are laid bare on the internet for everyone to go through. What's so special about these files?"

"These files don't contain our life stories, they contain sensitive information about the US Government and their ongoing operations. We don't want to bring that out into the open, it'll be disastrous," Steve tapped his fingers on the table impatiently.

"Well, that's it, then! In fifteen hours, not only will the world know the truth about Area 51, but also we will be jobless!" Clint cried out, throwing his hands in the air. 

"We need to call Fury," Thor said.

"Thor, always the voice of idiocity," Bucky scoffed, shaking his head. 

"Hey!" the Asgardian protested.

"Fury already thinks we're incompetent, we don't need to give him another reason to cement his thinking," Sam said.

"I think Thor's right," Vision said, "This is obviously out of our league. We need to prevent this bug from entering into our system. Fury may know someone who can help us. Someone from SHIELD, maybe."

"You think I should call Yelena?" Natasha asked.

"Uh, Nat, she may be trustworthy, but she also is working for people who are the exact opposite of trustworthy. I don't think that's a good idea," Steve reasoned.

Wanda sighed, "So, who's gonna tell him?"

All the Avengers turned to Peter. "Uh, guys, why are you all looking at me?"

"Because you're absolutely perfect for the job! Fury will see your sad, innocent, puppy eyes and not say or do anything to compromise you," Wanda clapped her hands.

"You're wrong. Haven't any of you seen Far From Home?" Wade scoffed, jumping on the floor through the window. 

"Wade, what are you talking about? And what are you even doing here?" Bruce asked, confused.

"What? Am I not welcome here?" Wade gaped.

"No," Bucky deadpanned.

"You're weird, man," Sam commented.

"C'mon, guys!" Wade threw his hands in the air, "Peetie?" he turned to Parker.

"Uh..." Peter scratched the back of his neck.