Chapter 16: Hallucination

I was in a room. My room. The sound of shuffling echoed into my room from the gap beneath the door. 

I struggled to walk to the door because every step i took, the door took two back. I started to walk a little faster. My leg throbbed but i avoided looking at it because i didn't want to witness that monstrosity again. My arm was outstretched and it desperately tried to grasp at the door knob. It seemed like it was just beyond my finger tips but then it was all the way at the end of a long room. I broke into a full sprint and still the door flew backwards. 

"Why can't i reach it?" I yelled.

Then suddenly the ground gave out from under me and i fell. I struggled to grab on to anything that would keep me from falling. I grabbed a chunk of the floor and held on for dear life as we both plummeted. Splash. I was in water. A pool. I'd fallen right into a pool. I tried to swim to the top but something was pulling me down. I looked down to see a Zombie with its arms wrapped around my leg, pulling me down. I held my breath and closed my eyes.

I was in a car. Marcus's car. Zane had his head resting on the door of the car and i noticed that his hair had grown over his eyes. My hands were still bound by tape but I found a way to unrap the tape. Once my hands were free, I untied Zane's hands and removed the tape from my mouth. I nudged him and he woke up. He discovered his free hands and removed the tape from his mouth.

"Follow me!" Zane exclaimed.

"Shhhhh!" I warned.

We watched as The Alphas wandered around a school building. They broke a window and opened the doors. Then they all went inside and disappeared. Zane and i snuck out of the car and tip-toed to the other car. The air outside was frosty. When we opened it, we were greeted with a shot gun barrel. Luckily, Flynn checked who it was before he decided whether or not to shoot. I was surprised that he had untied himself and found a gun. 

"We need to find Sam and Dani. They're most likely in that third car." Zane said.

We snuck around the back of the car Zane and i woke up in. The school doors opened and we all ducked behind the car. One of the newer Alphas, came outside for a cigarette break. He pulled his leather jacket collar up to shield himself from the freezing air outside. 

"Where are all the zombies?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" Zane asked.

"Shhhh!" He'll hear us." I said.

Zane grabbed my left arm really hard and Flynn grabbed my right hand. They started to drag me towards the new Alpha team member. The member smirked and threw his cigarette to the side.

"Thanks for bringing her to me. I knew i could count on you two." He said.

"What!?!?" I exclaimed.

 The scar on Flynn's face lit up in the moon light and made his own smirk even creepier. How could they betray me like that? What did i ever do to them? I thought for a few seconds as they carried me inside the school. Well i did betray Flynn by dating Sam. I felt awful about that.

"You betrayed me. You let us all down. Now you and Sam will pay." Flynn said.

I saw Dani standing in the middle of a classroom with no desks. Dani held a knife in her hand and she handed it to Flynn. The Alphas watched as Sam was thrown onto the floor and held down.

"Sam!" I yelled.

Flynn readjusted his grip on the knife. His knuckles were white. The intensity in his face showed that he was about to seriously harm Sam.

"Flynn! Stop it! This isn't like you!" I shouted.

"Shut the hell up!" He shoved me away.

Flynn drew back the knife and brought it down but i was quicker than him. I stepped in front of the knife and it pierced my flesh. 

The knife stuck between my ribs and punctured my heart. My hands wrapped around the handle of the knife as it stayed firmly inside my chest. My chest let out a weak moan; like an animal dying. I felt my heart skip a few beats and i fell to my knees. Immediately, i choked and blood drooled out of my mouth. I felt a weird feeling. It wasn't pain. It was peaceful. 

I could see the horror in Flynn's eyes as he realized what he had done. Then it quickly faded behind a black cover. He was blind once again and emotionless. I felt the warm red goo slip over my fingers and run down my shirt. I coughed and sputtered a few more times before i collapsed onto my side. Blood poured onto the ground around me.

The last thing i saw was Zane smiling and then I was gone.