Chapter 5: Confrontation

The man ordered his pack members to pull us out of the car. I was screaming as they pulled us out. He covered my mouth and put a gun to the side of my head.

            “These stupid kids are going to get us killed.” The man said.

            “Well don’t aim a gun at her head, Marcus.” A woman called from the door of a motel room.

            “I know what I’m doing, Anne.” Marcus said.

            Marcus only pressed the gun harder against my temple. I winced. There was no way we could stand a chance against a group of adults. We were only 16 and 17 years old.

            “Open the trunk. See what they have back there.” Marcus ordered.

            Two of his group members, two males, popped the trunk and gasped.

            “Jackpot! Marcus, check this out!” They said.

            Marcus dragged me over to the trunk as he held the gun to my head. I saw a different woman holding the twins still and two guys holding Zane and Flynn. Dani was standing out in the open. No one cared to hold her down. She didn’t look like she was resisting anyways.

            “Leave our stuff alone!” Zane yelled so intensely that his voice cracked.

            Marcus smirked and started pulling food out of the back. He passed it to the woman named Anne. She wasn’t standing by the motel room anymore.

            “These kids are smart. They took all the food for themselves.” A guy with dark hair said.

            He was older than us but he looked younger than a lot of the others. He was tall and very attractive. 

            “They’re obviously not that smart if their driving around in the open.” Anne said.

            “Especially during the middle of the night,” the guy with dark hair added.

            While everyone was teasing us, a black guy watched quietly. Eventually he spoke up.

            “Alright guys, that’s enough. Stop.” He said.

            Marcus glared at the black guy. Then he scoffed.

            “I’m the one who gives the orders around here! Not you, Chris!” Marcus declared.

            Chris looked defeated. He knew where he stood in the group and it was the wrong for him to go against the group.

            “Sam! Chris! Come with me. We’re going to take these kids to room 15. Make sure to tie them up.” Marcus ordered.

            Sam and Chris grabbed us by the shoulders and lead us to the room labeled 15. Once we entered, they closed the door behind us. There were chairs in the room and ropes. It looked like there had been others who had run into them earlier.

            “T-there’s blood on the floor,” Dani stated.

            I looked at the reddish- brown stain on the floor. Yep. We were totally screwed. Marcus told us all to sit down but Flynn gave him a hard time.  Marcus shoved Flynn sooo hard that he flew into the chair. The chair broke under the harsh impact and Flynn fell onto the pile of rubble.

            “Just let us go!” I yelled.

            “Shut the hell up!” Marcus yelled.