heart of stone | nozel silva x cold!reader

Start from the beginning

~Tiny Time Skip~

As expected, Noelle is waiting in the courtyard with her wand and grimoire. The determination in her eyes is as clear as day.

"Fix your posture. You need to straighten your arm in order to improve your accuracy," I advise.

She whips her head around at me and sticks out her tongue, "Yeah, yeah, I got it. What took you so long?"

I shrug, "I'm a slow walker, I guess."

"Says the person who practically moves at the speed of light," she sasses.

Ignoring her comment, I get right down to business. "If you cooperate with me today, I'll show you the new spell I learned."

"For real?!"

"Of course, but if you give me a hard time, our deal is off."

Noelle complies with my conditions and we get started.

Nozel's Point of View:

"Sir, I'm sure she'll turn up soon enough. You know she's a heavy sleeper."

I think it's about time I started questioning my squad members. We're currently preparing for a mandatory meeting, but it won't commence until everyone arrives. That said, all the Silver Eagles are here...except for (Y/n), my Vice-Captain. Considering her personality, I can't help but think she's purposefully avoiding this meeting.

"She has three minutes to show up. After that, I'm finding her myself," I sigh.

I'm not even surprised. (Y/n) has a tendency of doing things her own way, so she could care less about a squad meeting early in the morning. Sometimes I wonder if she even wants to be on this squad.

"Brother, perhaps I should go look for her. You know you two don't get along very well," Solid says.

Sadly, he has a point. From the moment I laid eyes on her, I knew she'd give me trouble. She's the only one who knows how to give me a taste of my own medicine. Constantly giving everyone the cold shoulder is what she's known for. No exceptions were made for her superiors.

"You think I care about our petty arguments? I'll find her on my own," I countered, standing from my seat.

With that, I left the room. My initial plan was to go straight to her room, but something outside caught my eye. In the courtyard, I see (Y/n) and Noelle with their grimoires. I unknowingly narrow my eyes at the pair as I halt in my tracks. From what I could tell, Noelle's trying to practice her magic. I wonder when she'll realize how pathetic her attempts actually are. She's wasting (Y/n)'s time. I'll never understand why someone like (Y/n) would even give a damn about a failure like Noelle.

Tch. You just wish she'd give a damn about you.

Ignoring the voice of my subconscious, I make my way to the courtyard. But as I'm walking, I remember something important (Y/n) told me.

~Flashback~

"Take one more step in the wrong direction and you're no longer my Vice-Captain!"

The (brunette, blonde, etc.) stops in her tracks to give me an icy stare. Her soft hands travel to her Silver Eagles robe as she slowly removes it. She folds it neatly and rests it in her arms. All the while, I silently watch her movements with curiosity.

"Captain, with all due respect, I have a much more important duty to fulfill at the moment," she calmly explains, "Your mother assigned me to a mission. I intend to carry out said mission until the day I die, sir. If you'd like this robe back, I have no objections. But just remember that it's nothing personal."