listen | klaus lunettes x shy!reader

Author's Note:

"I never really know how to please you. You're lookin' at me like I'm see-through."

This oneshot was requested by ChemismasNuclear (you should go check out their new BC oneshots book!)

Thanks for the request! <3

(Y/n) = Your Name

Your Point of View:

My fingers glide delicately along the pristine keys of the grand piano. I close my eyes in content and find myself in a forlorn daydream. I dream that my efforts are honored by my family and my teammates. I dream of having a purposeful conversation with someone who is dear to me. I dream that my presence is acknowledged and appreciated by my friends. I dream of the day I'll say something...and someone will listen.

The music waltzing from the piano started as a tame tune, soon to be a whirlwind of my pent-up emotions. My hands moved on their own as my mind wandered off once again.

~Flashback~

I look down at my new robe with determination in my eyes. This is all happening so fast.

"Well? How does it feel?"

My shift my gaze to the man in front of me and smile timidly. "Good," I reply curtly.

Klaus shakes his head and adjusts his glasses, "Single-worded responses aren't going to get you very far, (Y/n). It amazes me that Captain William even accepted you."

His words were like a knife to the throat, but I kept smiling, "Yeah."

He rolls his eyes and turns to walk away. Before he leaves, he says, "I look forward to working with you."

I want to say something back, but he's gone.

~End of Flashback~

That was when I first joined the Golden Dawn about a year ago. Ever since then, I've steadily moved up in the ranks. Klaus, who was my superior at the time, is now my equal. Still, I feel like I don't receive the same amount of respect as he. I'd like to think it's because he's been at this rank longer than I have, but I know the real reason. People honestly forget I even exist. It's nothing new, of course.

In all honesty, I could go the rest of my life without any special attention. But if there's anyone's attention I long for, it's the attention of one man: Klaus Lunettes. I can't describe it, but he makes me feel a certain way when he's around. Granted, he's not my biggest fan, but I can tell he isn't as cold as he lets on. Maybe somewhere beneath the surface, he actually gives a damn.