Vol. 2 Ch. 26 Mission Time!

Your POV

Time Skip

My team and I start making our way to the bullhead that will transport us to Quadrant 5. Ruby spoke up and said, "We can do this. We've never backed down before and we're not going to start now." Blake replied in agreement, "Right." Then Ruby said, "Besides, it won't only be us out there! We'll be fighting alongside a genuine Huntsman!" Yang replied, "Yeah!"
Once we all reached the bullhead, the girls stood there in place: shocked and embarrassed. Then Professor Oobleck said, "Why, hello Team RWBY! Who's ready to fight for their lives?!" I looked back to my team and realized they're still wide-eyed at the fact that Professor Oobleck will be the Huntsman assigned to us. Then Weiss said, "Professor Oobleck?"
Oobleck replied, "Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, Team RWBY, seeing as you opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations, rather we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp at any possible locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and.. it's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn my PhD for fun, thank you very much." Weiss replied, "Uhhh?" Then Oobleck said, "Come now children, according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind schedule!" He speeds off towards the bullhead, without hesitation, leaving my team behind, still in shock.
Ruby then said, "Well, alright then, looks like we're going to save the world with Doctor Oobleck...okay yeah when you say it out loud it sounds worse." The girls all hang their heads in shame and embarrassment. Then we all heard a familiar voice say, "Save the world?! You're going on world saving missions without US?!?!"
We all turned around and saw Team JNPR approaching us as we were about to follow Professor Oobleck. Then Nora said, "I'm hurt! Sad... maybe a little hungry?" Nora's stomach growled in agreement as Nora changed her attention to Ren and said, "That last one is not your fault though.... Ren." Ren crosses his arms and turns away from her, not even acknowledging her statement.
Then Jaune said, "Sounds exciting, where are you going?" Ruby answered, "Oh, just outside the kingdom." Then Nora said, "Hey, so are we!!" Pyrrha added, "Ren and Nora wanted to shadow the sheriff of a nearby village." Then Ren said, "We set out tomorrow."
Sun and Neptune join the conversation and said, "Then you can party with us tonight. We're shadowing a crime specialists. All inner-city detective stuff. We even get junior badges." Then Sun said, "We normally go the city with you guys, which means stuff is always exploding and junk. So we thought this would be a better way to check out the kingdom when it's.... you know, normal." "Well...." Ruby started to say before Oobleck yelled, "FOUR MINUTES!!" Our friends awkwardly stare at us as Oobleck waits for us. Then Ruby said, "Well, wish us luck."
After saying their goodbyes and wishing us luck, Sun, Neptune, and Team JNPR left. My team and I then boarded the bullhead that Oobleck was on, and soon enough, it started to fly towards the mission area. Yang spoke up and said, "I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter." Oobleck replied, "I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles." Then Ruby asked, "Like the mushroom?" Then Blake said, "Those are truffles." Ruby asked, "Like the sprout?" Yang said, "Those are brussels." I smiled, ruffled Ruby's hair, and said, "Tussles are another way of saying fights." Ruby looked at me and said, "Oh."
Then Oobleck said, "Besides, given my expertise in the field of history, as well as my dabblings in the archeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw fit to assign me to this particular.... assignment." Then Weiss said, "What does history have to do with this?" Oobleck replied, "What a preposterous question, you silly girl. Why, history is the backbone of our very society, and the liver, probably the kidneys, if I were to wager." Weiss asked, "And that means?"
Oobleck answered, "The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wildforests and deep caves, but it is also the location of the kingdom's greatest failures." Then Ruby said, "Mountain Glenn." Oobleck replied, "Correct, and now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder." Then Blake added, "And a likely place for a hideout." Oobleck replied, "Precisely!"
As the bullhead reaches the destination, in the middle of the street, we all disembark from it and it flies away. Then Oobleck said, "Alright everyone you still may be students, but as of this moment, your first mission as Huntsman and Huntresses has begun. From this point forward, you need to do exactly as I say. Do you understand?!"
We all nod in agreement, but Professor Oobleck notices Ruby carrying her pack still and said, "Ruby! I thought I told you to leave all your bags back at school?!" Then Ruby said, "But you hadn't told us to listen to you yet.....so...I didn't." I then heard Oobleck mumble, "She's not wrong."
Upon hearing Ruby's excuse, I pinch the bridge of my nose in embarrassment, knowing that she was about to get caught soon. Then I whispered in her ear, "Ruby, now is not the best time to act like such a smart ass." Then Oobleck said, "Very well, Ruby, leave your bag here, we can pick it up on your return." Ruby hesitated and said, "But I, uhh..." Then Oobleck asked, "Young lady, what in the world could you possibly have in that bag that could be so important to bring it...."
Then Zwei casually pops out of Ruby's bag and barks at Dr. Oobleck, causing him to stop talking mid sentence. Then Ruby leans in closer to Zwei as she tries to act calmly and whispered, "Get back in the bag."
Then Oobleck said, "We're here to investigate an abandoned urban jungle, teeming with death and hostility, and you brought.. a dog?" Ruby replied, "...uhh..." Then Oobleck said, "Genius!" Professor Oobleck quickly grabbed Zwei from Ruby's backpack, admiring the new canine member of the team. Then he said, "Canines are historically known for their perceptive nose and heightened sense of sound, making them excellent companions for a hunt such as ours!" Ruby said, "I'm a genius!"
The rest of the team and I all facepalmed after hearing the unexpected reaction from our Professor. Then I said, "I can't believe she actually got away with that."

Time Skip

Professor Oobleck asked me, "So, Mr. L/N, with what information I do know, despite your past, you're always outgoing. So why do you want to be a Huntsman?"
I finished up killing another pack of beowolves that were roaming the streets. Upon hearing his voice, I see him observing another species of plant growing in the sidewalk. I answered him, "Well, I guess I want be able to protect the people I care about, and help prevent others from having to go through what I had to. Even though I think they might be able to take care of themselves." I looked at Ruby, who was dangling a cooked chicken over Zwei.
Professor Oobleck doesn't say anything, instead, he turns around to look at Ruby. Ruby notices and immediately straightens herself to hear Professor Oobleck's next orders, and said, "Sorry! Are we ready to keep going?" He replied, "Nope, I believe that will have to do for today. It's going to be dark soon." He throws his pack to Yang, who catches it with ease. Then he said, "You four set up camp in that building. Oh, and please make sure there are no more of those...creatures. Your leader and I are going to secure the perimeter. Come Ruby."

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter.
Master out.