Pascal's Wager

So if you do not believe this thing, something terrible will happen to you, and it is your fault.

Or is it?

The truth of the matter is the place we are born has some, if not a whole bunch, of effect on what we believe. 

Indoctrination can make it feel like the most valuable solution, but all around the world other people believe things just as adamantly as you believe yours. 

To impose consequences on someone for a situation they did not ask to be in is not moral. 

In fact, it is quite cruel. 

After all, if we were given our brains by a god, and this god knew how we would perceive the world around us and use our brains logically, then why punish someone for making what is essentially an intelligent or logical choice? Why program something and then make it fight its programming? 

You would have to have a very low value of yourself to subscribe to this mentality. One which assumes that we have no value unless recognized by this deity. But is that really the message? And if it is, why should we listen to it? 

It is impossible to please everyone. Many religions claim to be the only true one, and many supposedly punish humanity for believing in anything besides their own. 

So technically it is impossible to play it safe and cater to all gods. No matter what religion you subscribe to, their will always be one you are opposing or rejecting. 

It is really not a wager, but a threat. Perhaps that will make it easier to see the absurdity of the demand. 

Belief is not a choice. You either believe something or you do not. You are either convinced something is true, or you are not. To force yourself to believe is to lie to yourself. So does that count in satisfying the demands of this vain deity? 

Someone who does not know the truth cannot refuse that truth. 

If God is real, and someone does not believe in It/Him/Her, that person did not "reject" God.

You can only reject something if you are aware of it. Being aware of it is the condition that would change the persons' mind. As just because someone claims something doesn't mean it is true, denying a claim is not rejection of that claim under the assumption that the claim is true. 

1. Rejecting something known to be true.

2. Rejecting the idea of something being true.

Clearly these are two distinct concepts.

Does a Christian reject the offer of Allah? No, they do not believe an offer is being made.

Does a Muslim reject the offer of Yahweh? No, they do not believe the offer is being made.

Is a Jehovah's Witness rejecting the offer of an eternity of beer volcano in the spaghetti monster's domain? No, they do not believe a choice is there to make.

So do not live in what is quite frankly abusive fear; take comfort in knowing the entire proposition is impossible to tackle even if you try.