27 (Soobin)

~December 31, 2018~ (Amethyst's POV) 

   "Well, it's almost 2019," I said, looking at my phone to read 11:45 P.M.

To be honest, I haven't celebrated a new year not even once because I just believe it's a new year and people don't really change as soon as a new year begins. But I'm tired as hell while the boys are jumping around, waiting for the clock to strike 12 so they can scream and shout. 

I was asleep about an hour ago but Beomgyu ran into my room and began to shake me awake while screaming, "Amethyst, wake up! It's about to be 2019 soon!" 

Yeah, so that's how I ended up on the roof of the mansion, sitting here while staring at the stars. I believe fireworks will go off as soon as 12 hits. 

I was also dozing off to sleep but Soobin was sitting next to me, keeping me awake. 

   "Are you that tired?" He asked and I nodded. 

   "School has my ass awake 24/7 and now that winter breaks ends on the 3rd, I've gotta get as much sleep as possible," I explained and he nodded. 

   "But 2019 is right around the corner and we all wanted to celebrate it with you," he explained. 

   "Yeah, I get it," I said, knowing the boys like to celebrate everything with me as much as possible. 

I laid my head on his shoulder and took a deep breath. 

I stayed silent while the rest of the boys began playing games very loudly. Do these boys ever get tired?

After about a solid 10 minutes, I began hearing them count down from five minutes. 

   "You're not going to count down?" Soobin asked.

   "I'm counting in my head," I excused but he rolled his eyes. 

   "10....9....8....7....6......5......4.....3.....2....1....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!" Everyone screamed and fireworks immediately came into display. 

I sat up and actually stared at the fireworks in amazement. 

Now that I think about it, I don't ever recall seeing fireworks. Well, not as pretty as these ones. 

   "Whoa..." I whispered to myself but heard Soobin chuckle. 

   "You're like a kid who saw a toy they've always wanted in a toy store," he said with a toothy grin.

I playful hit him and smiled. 

   "I'm just memorized by the fireworks. They're very colorful," I said. 

He nodded and then grabbed both of my hands. 

   "Soobin?" I asked and looked up at him. You know, because he's extremely tall. 

   "I know you already know but I like you. Ever since when we were younger, to when you found us again, up to now, I've always been in love with you. You just have that caring nature and your personality makes me attracted to you even more," he began saying and my eyes widened. 

   "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable with me or feel like I'm moving too fast," he said, with a soft look on his face. 

   "So, will you go out with me?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes. 

I stared back at his eyes and saw the soft brown color mixed with a soft glow of hope. 

I smiled and nodded. "Of course Soobinnie." 

He smiled and hugged me so tightly.

   "Thanks for giving me a chance," he said quietly and I patted his head. 

   "Of course," I said. 

   "Okay lovebirds, we were celebrating the new year. Remember?" Taehyun called out and we pulled away from the hug. 

The rest of the boys chuckled. 

Soobin looked at me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, making me go all red. 

   "Aww!" He cooed and I covered my face. 

   "I love you," he said. 

   "Love you too," I said, smiling in my hands.