28 (Beomgyu)

~10 Months Later~ (Amethyst's POV)

I was waiting in line patiently, holding my copy of The Dream Chapter: Star in my hands close to me.

The boys debuted as TXT and needless to say, I'm very proud of them. They've been living in a dorm together for about 8 months and the only time I've seen them within that period was only through teasers, music videos, and recordings of live performances. They barely kept in contact with me but I can't blame them, they're super busy.

I've been busy with school since it is my last year in high school and then I go off to college.

But, I heard about a fan-sign with TXT and decided, why not go? I bought a copy of their EP, bought a ticket for the fan-sign, and showed up.

I'm just patiently waiting in line to meet up with them. I bought them each a cute bracelet with all of our names carved in it.

I was getting closer to their table and I could hear other fans freaking out the closer they got.

I was the last person in line because other fans wanted to get in front of me so I let then. I'm in no rush anyway, it's a Saturday. Plus, I'm sure the boys would like a surprise at the end anyway.

Eventually, I made it to the table and the first boy there was Kai.

I crouched down to the table's level and handed him the album.

He didn't look up yet because he had dropped his marker.

"I'm sorry, what's your name?" He asked as he came back up from picking up his marker and looked at me.

"Amethyst," I answered and his eyes widened.

"Amethyst!" He yelled happily, making the rest of the boys look our way and freak out.

"Oh my god, Amethyst!!" Yeonjun yelled.

"I missed you so much!!" Soobin yelled right after him.

"How have you been?!" Taehyun asked.

"Amethyst!! I thought I would never see you again!!" Beomgyu yelled, exaggerating completely.

"Boys, calm down. You'll all get your turns," I whispered, trying to calm them down before the fans who were walking out would get suspicious.

"We all missed you," Kai said, signing my album with his name.

"I missed you guys too. It's been a while since I last saw you," I said, handing him a bracelet.

"Aww, it's so cute!! Thank you!" He beamed, making me smile.

I went to the next person, which was Yeonjun.

"The last thing I expected today was to see you. Such a great surprise," he said, ruffling my hair.

"I'm glad I made a good surprise. Have you all been enjoying the idol life?" I asked.

"It does become tiring but I wouldn't change it for another career. Thanks for supporting us," he said, signing his name and I handed him a bracelet.

He thanked me and I moved onto Soobin.

He smiled at me and I pinched his cheeks.

"You haven't changed in the slightest," he said and I shook my head.

"You're still the cute giant you've always been," I said and handed him a bracelet.

"This is so nice!! I'll cherish it for the rest of my life," he said, signing his name on my album.

I thanked him and moved onto Taehyun.

"If it isn't the great Amethyst in my presence. I am honored," he joked and I rolled my eyes.

"Taehyun, I see you're doing just wonderful. I didn't know you could sing so well," I said.

"Really? I used to sing you to sleep when we were children," he said and my eyes widened.

"That must be why I always listen to the EP before I fall asleep," I said and handed him his bracelet as he signed his name on my album.

"This is so thoughtful of you. Thanks," he smiled and I moved onto Beomgyu.

Trust and believe this boy was jumping in his seat.

"Amethyst! Oh my gosh! You're here! I missed you so, so, so, so, so very much!" He said very excitedly.

I chuckled and held his hands to calm him down.

"I missed you too Beommie. How have you been?" I asked him.

"Amazing! But somewhat weird since I haven't seen you in years," he said.

"It's only been months," I said.

"Hasn't felt like months," he bluntly said. "It felt like we were on opposite sides of the world! I'm so used to just being around you all the time."

I handed him his bracelet and he began tearing up.

"Beomgyu, are you okay?" I asked, worried that I may have hurt his feelings.

"No, I'm just...," he said, wiping some tears. "I'm really happy that you're here. I wanted to talk to you so badly but I've been busy."

I smiled at him and nodded.

"It's okay, Beommie. I understand how you feel and whenever you get the chance, you can always call me. Don't feel so sad, you can talk to me now. I have time," I reassured and he smiled. I could see his cat ears perking up from beneath his beanie.

"How's school?" He asked and I shrugged.

"It's fine. I'm almost out. Ahh~, I can taste the freedom," I said, giggling.

I felt him put his hand in my hair and ruffle it.

"I promise when we come back home, I'll never leave you alone," he said and I nodded.

"Whatever you please," I said.

"Whatever?" He asked, raising an eyebrow and I nodded.

"Then we should go out," he said, making me almost fall on my ass.

"Huh?" I said, in utter disbelief. "So suddenly? While you're promoting work?"

He shrugged and said, "It's my life. I can go on a date if I want. So, will you?"

I saw his pupils enlarge to the point I could see myself in them. I know what he's doing, he's giving me puppy eyes. Man, the irony.

I playfully sighed and said, "I'd love to, Beommie."

He screamed, "yes!" and began running around in circles. He then picked me up, kissed me on the cheek, and said, "I'll be the best boyfriend you'll ever have!"