Enjoyed Eavesdropping

AISHA

I walk to the end shelf looking for some helpful book when I hear some voice. I know eavesdropping is a bad habit but somehow the voice is intimidating. Sure its a male I unconsciously take soft steps to the voice. Not like he will eat you up if he finds you!

A shelf away peeking from the gaps between the books I see a tall figure leaning against a shelf. He has his side face facing me and I could clearly he had sharp jaw line and was clean shaved. He had black t shirt and light blue jeans with black sports shoes. His hair was black and few tiny locks fell on his forehead. He was taking on his phone with a clear frown on his face. Girlfriend problem!

"No Mom..... I am not.....gay!" I hear the voice once again. Not Girlfriend! Mom! The gay part really caught my attention. His mom thought he was gay! I suppress the urge to laugh loudly and got all my attention to his conversation.

"I don't want to go and see a girl....."

"Arrange marriage is not my thing mom!" The pretty boy said with a scowl. I can totally get you boy! Wait we are on the same shit together.....

"I ..... Am in love mom!" Oooo....lover boy! Definitely out of my league....

I was about to turn around and walk away when his whisper yell startled me, "What? You want to meet her?" Studying his face I saw frown on his face and found him biting his lower lip. Brushing his free hand past his hair he shut his eyes for a few seconds listening to whatever his mom spoke from the other side.

"Fine....I will find one soon.....I ...I mean I will make you meet her..."With a sigh he cut the call and stared down his phone. Something about his words of 'finding' made me stay there for a seconds and think if he was seriously in love or was faking it just like me.

Well now as I look at him I see he is tall and had a perfectly build body. Just the way I want it to be, not too muscular and not skinny. Just perfect. I was just looking at his face when he looked at my direction. I could probably see dark thundering eyes staring my way.

Great I am screwed! Gulping I turn around to leave just to be stopped by a hand on my wrist. The hand jerked and pulled me back where I hit a hard wall. Not a wall but a hard chest and I can definitely hear my loud heart beats.

I want to scream but somehow when my lips parted not words come out. Mentally I am screaming but in reality I am numb maybe because of this unfamiliar alluring smell of cologne , or the heat from the body behind me, his breathing fanning the side of my neck, or maybe the shivers everything about him sends down my spine, or maybe because I am afraid the librarian will scold me because it is past the visiting hours in the library. Yes it has to be the librarian cause I can never....like never be intimidated by some mysterious hot guy! Pathetic at convincing myself!

Suddenly a jerk turns me around just to be face to face with the devil before me. I could see his dark brown eyes demanding answers. Definitely not friendly!

"Enjoyed eavesdropping!" He said with an unreadable expression.

"Umm...."

"Are you done there girl?" I hear thelibrarian's voice distinctly.

 Instantly I push the guy away and without anotherthought rush out to the direction of the exit. Initially I hear loud thumpingfeet behind me but with all my athletic skills I run as if running for my life.I dare not turn around cause I a afraid I will stop dead at track just by hismere glare. 

Finally at the parking near my scooter I let out a deep breath which I had been holding in for God knows how long. Panting from all the running I look around and feel glad that I got out of the clutches of that man. Drinking water from my bottle the brown eyes flashes in my mind. Suddenly I feel disappointed at my actions. 

I should have taken my stand and not get intimidated by him. Shit I should have found out his name at least. He is most probably going to fit my 'Requirement list'. Should I go back? What if he is still there?

Glancing at my watch I see only 15 minutes until the library shuts for the week. Rushing back I feel like an idiot for running at the first place. I probably look like a psychotic girl running here and there the entire campus.

While running back I see one of the cleaners giving me a look of confusion but I ignore him.

Back at the gate of the library I see the old librarian lady picking up some books and walking to the shelf. Quickly walking in to her desk I see the issuing register opened. Once glancing back to the direction the librarian went I see none of her signs. My heartbeats fast and I quickly turn the register to my readable direction and fiddle with the pages.

 The wind blew the pages here and there and I searched for the latest page. There I see today's date. My eyes search for the last entry and it is of some girl named 'Avni'. Shit! He did not issue any book. My hopes were almost dead when I see the embossed writing from the next page. Quickly fiddling with the paper which was taking a bit time to turn over I finally turn over to the next page. Its the continuation of the same day and Instantly my eyes see the last entry,

Its T.S Grewal's some Accounting book. Time is 4:10pm. Ten minutes ago. I smile as I see the time in my watch. Immediately my right index finger runs over to the name of the issuer- 'Rishi Maheshwari'

Unconsciously my finger runs over his name once again. He is Maheshwari!  A smile of victory reaches my lips and look at the next column which says, 'Address'.

Before I could read the address of Rishi I heard someone screaming. Turning around I see the librarian walking to me. Within an instant I run out of the library. I hear her faint screams of calling 'Girl! Come back' but I care least and keep on running. Rishi Maheshwari! Stalking mission begins now!

***********

Let me know that you follow the story.....

Keep reading and enjoy :)