Enid giggled as he began, conjuring a terrible British accent for the character's lines.

For an hour they lost themselves within the words.

Dante's steady heartrate punctuating each sentence as she rested her head on his chest.

With his free hand, he drew distracting circles on her thigh.

Wrapped in his safe embrace, she drifted slowly to sleep.

Dante paused in his reading, a soft smile gracing his lips as he took in the slumbering angel.

"My perfect girl." His whisper like a prayer as his eyes worshiped her.

For a few minutes he studied her, memorizing the freckles speckled across her rosy cheeks and small nose.

A buzzing coming from her pocket caught his attention and he carefully retrieved her phone.

Peering down at her, he exhaled in relief as she merely sighed in her sleep and snuggled up closer to him.

Unlocking the phone with ease, he found the text message was from her friend Emilia.

After noticing their blossoming friendship in his class, Dante had ordered a background search on the older girl.

One could never be too cautious.

Everything had come back clear, so he hadn't worried.

But then she had pushed Enid to investigate that insolent boy's disappearance.

His regard of her had drastically worsened.

He knew they wouldn't find anything substantial, but he didn't like the risk, however small it might be.

Dante didn't like her influence over his sweet girl.

Especially when he found out she had been the one to invite Enid to that bonfire party.

His number one priority was her safety and happiness.

Anything that might impact it was automatically labeled a threat.

Opening the messaging app, he read the text with a scowl.

Found a huge lead!!! Call me asap!!

Glancing down at the small slumbering angel on his lap, he deleted the message and put her phone back into her pocket.

He joined her in the nap, his arms banded around her waist tightly.

Two hours later he awoke and smiled.

It was the best he had ever slept.

With his whole world next to him, wrapped up in his embrace.

Running his hands comfortingly through her hair, he began placing soft kisses along her face.

She slowly woke up, her eyes fluttering open to reveal her hazy gemstone eyes.

"Hello there, love." He murmured into her hair.

"What time is it?" Sleep was thick in her voice and she cleared her throat.

Sitting up, she stretched her limbs.

Dante glanced down at his expensive leather watch.

"Nearly five. We should find the other two and discuss dinner. We missed lunch already." He grinned at her as he set the fallen book on the coffee table.

"I'm so sorry I fell asleep. I hope you don't find it rude. I loved you reading to me, I just got so comfortable..." Enid bit her lip nervously, her gaze on the ornate carpet.

A large hand beneath her chin brought her gaze up to his.

"No need for apologies, little one. You are more than welcome to fall asleep on me anytime you'd like." He tucked a wayward curl behind her ear.

She blushed at the adoring way he looked down at her.

"You make a very comfortable bed." She teased as they made their way out of the library, her small hand tucked in his large one.

"Are you calling me fat, little bird?" He turned to her with mock astonishment.

"No!" She exclaimed, her mouth parting in shock.

"Because I most certainly am not fat. I work quite hard to maintain this." He winked as he pulled up his burgundy sweater, exposing his incredibly toned torso.

Bronzed skin stretched over tight planes of muscle.

A tempting path of brown hair trailed below his belly button and disappeared into his dress pants.

Enid's brain stopped functioning.

"Yes, um... It's very... nice." She stuttered, a dark blush lighting her cheeks.

She sucked in a breath as he pulled her hand toward him and pressed it flat against the hot skin.

"You're going to have to get used to touching us, little one." His voice dark as her cool hand ignited a fire within him.

"Stop molesting her, Dante." Theodore's voice came from down the hall, his arms crossed against his chest.

Enid gulped as he released her hand and tugged his sweater back down.

"You've had your hand in her panties, Theo. I don't think you should be one to talk." The foreign man rolled his eyes.

Enid flushed even darker, her hands coming up to cover her cheeks.

How could they say such things so casually?

"Dante." He admonished, nodding his head in exasperation.

"What? She's going to be touching us and being touched quite a lot, might as well be frank about it." He winked at her over his shoulder as they walked down the hallway.

Theodore gave her an apologetic look as they reached him.

"Anyways, I was coming to retrieve you for dinner. Alex and I think we should go out." Theodore explained.

"Thank god, I was really not in the mood to cook. Where are we going?" Dante gave an exaggerated cheer.

"Porters. Alex was craving steak." He answered before turning to Enid.

"Is that okay with you, darling?" His ocean eyes watched her closely.

"Of course. Do I need to change?" She glanced down at her yellow overalls.

"It's the nicest steakhouse in Massachusetts, so you might want a dress. Although, you do look absolutely adorable in what you have on." Dante pressed a kiss to her fingers.

Enid tried to hide her shock.

She should have known that it would be somewhere extravagant, it seemed everything these men did oozed luxury.

"Okay, I'll go get ready." Enid smiled at them before disappearing up the stairs.

Two pairs of eyes following her the whole way.

◆     ◆     ◆

Comments fill my heart with joy

All my love, Sappho ◆