.three ᵃᵍᵃⁱⁿˢᵗ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ

Start from the beginning

"Go grab your bag before we're late." he said as Clover grinned and raced off.

"Bye Dad." Clove called out as he dropped her off at school while she headed over to four boys.

"Wow hello, guess I didn't get the memo that we were dressing up for school?" Clove asked with a laugh as the boys gave her a look.

"Not funny Clover, it's not funny. You know you laughing is only making this so much worse, making my ears bleed with that hyena noise." Dustin sassed her as the girl continued to laugh.

"I'm sorry Dustin but didn't you know dressing up stopping being a thing last year?" Clove asked as she continued to laugh.

"Clove- can you not right now?" Lucas asked her while rubbing his temple as the girl walked in between Will and Mike while giving one last giggle before they headed into the school.

"See you nerds later" Clove laughed as she stopped at her locker while the boys went down a few more to get to their's.

"Hey, Max." Clover smiled at the girl who opened her locker with an annoying look on her face.

"Hey Clove." Max sighed as the girl frowned.

"Why such a long face? Did I do something?" the brunette asked the redhead who shakes her head and turns her way.

"No, no it's not you. My stupid stepbrother just puts me in a bad mood every morning." Max said as Clover nodded.

"Yeah I get it, well maybe I can pull you out of that bad mood by walking to class together." Clove offered with a grin as Max couldn't help but smile at how the girls eyes lit up.

"Yeah, I can work with that." Max said as the two walked side by side.

"So do you wanna come by tonight? My Dad is wanting to meet you." Clove smiled as Max raised her eyebrows.

"So you talked to your Dad about me?" she asked with a smirk while looking down at the smaller girl.

"I-I mean I just I-" Clover began to stumble over her works before Max grinned.

"I'm messing with you shortstop, I'll swing by." Max said as she offered her a side grin while Clove flushed and smiled down at her feet.

"Hey." Will smiled as he met Clove outside the school under a tree.

"Hey kiddo, I was wondering when you would show up." Clover smiled up at him with her lunch in her lap.

"Yeah sorry I just got a little held up in the hallway." he smiled at her while pulling his lunch out of his bag as well.

"People still giving you a hard time?" she asked while he looked down.

"I'll kick their asses," Clover said as she went to stand but Will stopped her.

"No, wait. Please stay." he said as she sighed and sat back down.

"Can I ask you something?" he asked while looking at her.

"Anything?" she nodded as he gulped.

"Do you ever have memories?" he asked while Clover giggled a bit.

"Everyone has memories," she said as he let out a chuckle.

"I mean like all of a sudden, where you can't pull yourself out of it?" he asked while Clove sighed.

"From last year?" she asked while he nodded.

"All the time." she admits as he made eye contact with her.

"Really?" he asked in a hopeful voice.

"I see my Mom a lot, I can see her looking straight at me and then just disappearing into thin air. Doesn't make any sense you know?" she asked as he nodded.

"I don't think anything makes since." Will shook his head.

"Me either."she said with a small giggle making him grin.

"Do you miss her?" He asked as Clover chewed her pretzel.

"My Mom?" she questioned.

"No, Eleven." he said as Clover took a deep breath and looked away.

"I'm sorry I-" he began but was cut off by her shaking her head and taking a moment in silence.

"I miss her more and more each day, you guys would have gotten along great." Clove said as she offered him a smile.

"I get memories too," he said as Clove nodded.

"Do you wanna talk about them with me?" she questioned while he shook his head.

"No, I just wanted to tell you." he said as Clover smiled.

"Me and you William." Clover smiled as she kicked his foot a little

"Against the world" he finished the sentence off while the two young teens smiled at one another.
•••••

the next chapter is gonna be so juicy y'all.