.seventeen| 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐚𝐲, 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐳?

"Clove!" Max beat on her door the next morning

"Clove!" Max beat on her door the next morning. "Clove, wake up! I need your help! Clover! Open this-"

Leven opened the door with wide eyes. "Max, what on earth are you screaming to the heavens for?"

"Hey, Lev." Max hummed. "Is your daughter available?"

"She just left, something about needing to run." he waved her off. "Want to come in and wait? Cereal fresh off the stove."

Max cracked a small smile. "No, no. Can you just tell her to give me a yell."

She held up her walkie. "I'll be around."

"Is everything okay?" he frowned his eyebrows. "You sure you don't want to wait? She won't be long."

"No- no." Max backed off the porch. "Sorry for bothering you."

"Max-" he started, but she pulled her head phones on and was already heading off.

Clove was a few blocks away, clutching her chest as she fell into the grass. After her grandma made her start questioning her weight gain at christmas, she took up running after she ate a big meal like she had yesterday for the celebration. Now, she struggled to breath as she squeezed her eyes and clutched her stomach, regaining her breath and a normal heart best.

A loud yell rung in the air made her nearly come off the ground. "Jesus Christ! Oh my god!"

She sat up, looking in the direction it came from. Hesitantly, she pulled her headphones off and let them hang around her neck as she walked toward the forest opening. Stepping on a few twigs, she made it deeper into the forest as crying echoed slightly. She paused at the familiar back. "Jason?"

He looked back, turning away when he saw her. "Go away, Clove."

"Are you okay?" she walked a little closer, but kept her distance. "How'd you get out here?"

He cried, his head pressing into his palms. "Chrissy's dead."

Cloves heart fell. She felt for Jason because she didn't know Chrissy well. They never spoke, but she'd always provided Clove support with her petitions and the bake sales. Jason on the other hand she didn't like, not even a little. But, she felt for him right now. She couldn't imagine loosing her girlfriend, loosing Max. He was handling it a lot better then she ever would. The blonde walked closer as she reached down to hold his shoulder. "I'm so sorry, Jason. So, so sorry."

"You know that Eddie freak?" she wiped his eyes as she kneeled next to him. "He killed her."

"The boy in Hellfire?" she frowned her eyebrows. She'd never actually had a conversation with him, but from what the boys had said, he seemed like a decent guy.

"Cops told me, they aren't doing shit though." he stood up in anger. "Just spreading lies, rumors."

"They're good at that." Clove stood up with him. "What can I do to help?"