"One."

Instead of layering the marks, I move down a bit, so I'm not caning on top of previous lashes. I take my time to aim again before delivering the next blow.

Her toes cringe and she squirms, digging her face into the bed.

She's doing so well, but I need to wait to praise her till this is over.

"Two."

I tap her bottom again before delivering the third blow. She sucks in a harsh breath, hands gripping onto the sheets like vice.

"Two more." She silently nods.

Tap. Tap. Swish.

She makes a high pitched whining sound and I take an extra second to massage her bottom. The marks I'm leaving are only a dark pink, the lightest color that I've ever left on someone with a cane. Even though I want her to remember not to go climbing on the counters again, I can't bring myself to hit her harder.

Hazel takes deep and heavy breaths.

She has one more, but it's so damn hard to do it.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She grips the bed sheets harder for the last strike, every muscle in her body baring down for the worst.

"Sit up," I instruct, not able to do it. Hazel shakily obeys, looking at me warily. "Are you going to climb on the counters when you're home alone?" I cup her face.

"No, Master."

"Com—" before I can invite her into my arms, she's already in them. Her small arms wrap around my neck and she buries her head into my neck. She's sniffling and there are minimal tears. I'm pleased with how it went.

I caress her lined bottom. She jumps at the touch and I pause. "You okay, Doll?"

She nods, "It's just sensitive."

"Do you want me to stop?"

She shakes her head no, "It feels good."

My mind flickers away from her for a moment as I go back to rubbing her bottom. "I have a gift for you." I was going to give it to her earlier, but she scared me to death when I got home. I completely forgot about it.

"Really?" She asks me in delight, sitting up happily. "Is it for my bottom?"

"No, but I'll put something of your bottom too," I assure her.

"You didn't have to get me anything, Master." I can tell from her behavior though that she's thrilled I bought her something.

I pull it out for her, hesitating for a moment. Is this the right time? Will she be angry for me asking now after I caned her? It's too late now, I already told her.

"I know at first I collared you and you didn't like it, but I got you a new one..." I tell her carefully, showing it to her as I sit down next to her.

She doesn't seem to listen to a word I have to say. She's in my lap and has taken the collar before I can even explain I tried to pick one out that she'd like.

She beams up at me and throws her arms around my neck, squeezing me with a strength I didn't know she had.

The bell on the collar jingles softly and it makes me smile.

After much deliberation, I decided she did need a bell on her. I always trip on her and always worry about when she gets up in the middle of the night.