09 | the appearance of the missing one

I wondered how many nights had passed since I discovered the real her. She had made my countless nights sleepless, just thinking a thought of her.

Hey, what is with you?

She was not that normal. All she knew was to kill all those human monsters with her own fancy way.

But still, why was I so drawn to you?

I could see her as if you she a ray of blinding lights to me; although, her name was not as colorful as her life. The name "Sinful Miracle" really suited her.

Yes, it suited her. Yet, I was wondering how heavy was that title for her? How much burden did it give her just to shoulder it? Did it suffocate her? Was it not tiring?

Hey, Miracle . . . could you still breathe? Could you still keep going? Could you still bear it?

And I had just realized that she didn't have to bear it; to keep going; to breathe, because she was already a dead miracle.

She died, five years ago.

But three years later, before five years, she came back.

The missing one appeared right in our doorsteps. Every persons she left were appalled, seeing her standing on her two feet and alive. Every single one of us thought that she were dead.

After the day she went lost in the sea, we spent a whole year finding for her remains. In the end, we gave up.

Imagine how hard for us to believe that she survived the tragedy.

She told us that you wandered in a place unknown to her. Her memories went missing. Yet we all thought that she was her. Her face, her hair, her body, her smell, and everything about her was really the lost one.

She made us all believe that she was her.

And at dawn, death came to the House of the Twain in a form of a miracle.

A Miracle that came back to life was a fraud.

The Hoaxed Miracle shot the new Don of the White Nation, Mikhail Zeke Twain. Although, it was no longer a mafia, still many underground companies were chasing after us.

Fortunately, the new Don didn't die, but we captured the Miracle with a fake identity. After some investigations, we found out that there was an illegal company that was its main business was to make clones of a certain person.

Humans were becoming smarter and smarter as the age passed by. As they became smarter, the world was decaying to the core.

That was the reason why the Detective Agency was formed.

If before, we had a gang called Cold Warriors, it changed when we became a part of the Agency. We were now named as as the Hunting Hounds. We didn't name ourselves like that, it was just entitled to us for the elite works.

The Detective Agency was always on the grave peril. It was built to topple all the criminal organizations. Everyone was our enemy.

We arrested the impostor of Miracle, and eradicated the company who would make clones. We didn't left a single trail of their souls alive. That was they deserve for trying to overthrow the Agency.

Since then, the whole clan were all reluctant to trust again.

After a tale of eight hundred and twenty days . . .

Nathan could not believe to meet the ghost of the past this night.

"It was her." He started muttering, "It was really her. Damn it! I should've known better!"