06 | the miracle who cried lost memoirs

On Thursday late afternoon, I was wandering in the house. Three days had passed since we came here. It was the house of the Mayrand's here in the Philippines.

The house was built near the beach. According to C, this was the place where he first saw me. I guessed, I was really back.

I roamed my eyes around. It was a beautiful house. It was made out of concrete and glass. Modern Greek style mixed of Zen style house. Ecclesiastical house, if I would put the term architecturally. It was a four-storey house and there was a basement for medical purposes.

I was walking on the stairs. It was almost sunset. I could see the orange and yellow hues on the horizon from here. The staircase was adjacent to the view of the sea. And how wonderful, because the sea was also like the sky. One of the reasons why I loved the sea, because it reflected the sky. It was like seeing the sky on it.

The sky . . . yes, the sky.

Once again, there was a familiar sensation in me. There was something in the sky . . . I was so sure of it, I knew. I wanted to remember it, but the door would not still budge.

I felt a shooting pain. Letting out a breath, I decided to ignore it. I wouldn't want to push that thought in me.

I reached the fourth floor. There were rooms. I was curious, so I entered inside. I entered all of them, but the rooms were empty.

But there was still a room that I hadn't entered. Nababakasakali ako na may makikita ako sa loob. At hindi naman ako nabigo.

It was a normal room. It screamed navy blue and white colors. It was a very manly room. The furnitures were covered by white satin blankets. There was a wall partition in this room that was made of E-glass. I went near of it and looked outside.

Whose room was this? Maybe Credell's?

My thought was cut when I heard the door cracked open. I saw Credell. He smiled, "Oh, you found my brother's room."

Instantly, my brows creased. "You have a brother?"

He only grinned with sad eyes. "I . . . had."

I pressed my lips thinly. Then Credell stood beside me. "We have been together for two years—well, if you considered the time when I was in coma, then five years—but you never told that you had a brother."

"I have just told you, Miracle." he laughed awkwardly.

"Why only now?"

"It's hard for me to open this topic up." he admitted. "You see, I loved my brother so much and it was hard to digest that he died."

I stayed quiet, silently observing his expressions. "How did he die?" and asked a shortly.

"I didn't know the reason," Credell only shrugged, "but he died because of gunshots." and stated full of loneliness. "When the autopsy came, we found out that he was shot in the heart . . . three times."

My shoulders sunk down. I didn't know, but I could feel his pain. Three bullets in his heart, it was sad. If it was sad for me, how much more with Credell's family?

"My brother died five years ago." he told me, "That was the same year when I found you. We wanted to move to England so that we could forget the tragedy." then he chuckled in low tone. "The reason why I cared you so much, because I wanted to distract myself from the pain—the pain of losing my little brother. Yes, he died, but you replaced it. I could not imagine my joy when you first laid your eyes open. How much more when you fully woke up? It was like a miracle happened." Credell took my hand and he gazed down on me. "You are my miracle, that's why I named you 'Miracle'."