Chapter 4

I hummed a sweet lullaby I once heard in my past life walking around the room with Emersyn sleeping soundly in my arms. Iris on the other hand was pacing back and forth anxious of the latest news she received. Although I could not read what was on her exact thoughts, I knew it wasn't anything positive.

"Talk to me Iris", I spoke quietly

"Mistress, her highness is not fond of humans", Iris sighed deeply, pacing frantically back and forth once more.

"So you're telling me she is a threat to Emersyn?", I spoke with venom dripping from my voice making Iris shudder in fear.

"You are mistaken Mistress, her highness will never lay a hand on the princess for she shares the same blood."

"How can you be sure of this statement Iris?", I pressed on, laying a soft kiss on Emmys forehead.

Iris walk in front of Emmy and I as she bowed her head. I learnt how much pride every demon held and to lower their head to someone, especially of a different species held meaning.

"I swear on my life mistress that her highness will dare not harm Princess Emersyn. Her highness is just a very serious and competent woman but-", Iris paused and a moment of pain flashed through her eyes before she spoke again.

"Above all else, to her highness, her family comes first before everything else. Please believe me Mistress."

I studies every single expression Iris wore whilst speaking to determine whether or not she was telling the truth. Even now I still could not wholeheartedly trust anyone I had met thus far to protect my little baby girl besides myself. Iris was truly the only person I could somewhat trust living with the woman for a period of time.

But then again I trusted people before and look where that ended up, me dead and sent to other world. So in this life, I swore to not make the same mistake again.

"Very well Iris but I do wish to see this person-"

I spoke too soon as the door was opened revealing an replicate of the demon lords mother, just that this woman was in her prime. Instead she had light strawberry blonde hair which reached just past her shoulders and the same shade of violet eyes her mother and brother both possessed.

She stood tall, easily towering Iris and I. She wore a simple dress which was adored by the royal colours making her beautiful features stand out more and her muscles were seen through the fabric of her clothing.

I had to admit even I was amazed by this woman's beauty and was already having a hard time thinking of all the suitors my baby will have when she grows seeing the looks of her fathers family so far. The woman's gaze turned towards Iris and lingered for a while. Iris who was usually a quiet and expressionless woman was actually fidgeting under the woman's gaze.

I was not blind to see that there was more then meets the eye of these two women. The woman was about to greet Iris but her warm expressions dropped facing me. I could see the pure hatred in those eyes, full of anger and disgust.

"Iris, what the heck is this human woman doing in the castle?".

"Oh dear, your mommy is already getting bullied from your aunt! Oh I can't take it", I fake wailed holding Emmy close to her chest.

Surprisingly Emmy did not move a single muscle and was lightly snoring and Iris took the opportunity to intervene.

"This is mistress Oriana, your highness Feya. With Crown Princess Emersyn."

To me, Feya looked like an angry puppy who hadn't been fed dinner yet. With her puffy cheeks, despite the clear height difference, made me almost want to pinch them but seeing her glares, perhaps that wasn't a good idea. For now.