Chapter 15

The atmosphere surrounding my family of this world is always warm and fuzzy, an emotion I could not fully express through words. These emotions cause me to feel guilty each day the stronger my feelings grow towards my siblings and even my own daughter at times.

I glanced at my five siblings all busy entertaining Emmy who couldn't be more happy being the centre of their attention. Her aunts sitting on either side of her, Eliza adjusting the umbrella to ensure Emmy wasn't in direct sunlight, Elisa was busy prepping their afternoon snacks while Venus held her in her arms, all having smiling faces simply babysitting her.

Her uncles were play sword fighting causing my baby to giggle every time her uncles hit one another, who both were terrible actors but the stunts they were pulling were a sight to behold.

I came into this body not long ago, into a full grown woman's body who shared my name yet lived a completely different life, who had already established relationships with many people I may never meet, who has a family that love her so, so much.

And I've taken all of that away from her. She should be the one standing where I am right now, not me. This might just be the result of everything happening recently but these negative emotions have all but consumed my whole being as the past days have dragged along.

I shouldn't feel this way is what I say to myself but what about the woman whose life I have taken over and maybe one day she'll come back then I'll be the one to go. She'll never get to hear Emmy call her mother even though she carried her all those months, except for her birth.

Ever since speaking to Azaroth, he has avoided me altogether. His daily visits stopped and he only made himself present when Emmy cried out for her papa for being away too long. His love for her has not decreased one bit but the interactions we used to have have all but come to a halt. For how long exactly? I could not answer.

Perhaps it was too early for me to tell him? Perhaps it would have been so much better if I had kept my mouth shut about wanting to be more with him then just the harmonious relationship we already had. I already have trust issues I've yet to face due to a certain someone betraying me in my past life.

I could hear the sounds of pure joy and laughter which all but amplified the feelings of guilt I felt to the real older sister of the royal siblings, the real lover of Azaroth and the actual mother of........of Emersyn.

I leaned further into my chair, draining the last bit of wine in the bottle grasped in my hand. This is the only alcoholic beverage I could enjoy during my stay in this castle yet right now, I could not savour the flavour whatsoever. I summoned a maid to bring a towel and a basin full of warm water. My request was fulfilled within seconds as I proceeded to wash my face to look less of a drunk and approachable towards my family.

I want to leave this peaceful scenario, this loving atmosphere I've surrounded myself with having an actual family. To have people love me for me and not being seen as a expendable tool. I always wished for what I'm experiencing right now when I was an assassin. To be able to wake up and not be thrown into suicide missions day in and day out is so blissful, to not grow attached to peers who could perish at any second, to be have a gorgeous baby who I love more then life.

A hand squeezed my shoulder gently and I glanced up towards Kaiton who gave me a grin whilst his face was etched with concern. A gentle giant is the best way to describe the youngest brother of the Titus clan, so seeing him react this way was no surprise.

I placed my hand on his, assuring him I was fine while I wiped my tears with my other hand. He then sat down on the unoccupied chair not before throwing a piece of fruit at Hayden's forehead who dramatically fell to the ground in front of Emmy who clapped happily seeing the act.