Chapter 16

Azaroth made his way to the couple and bowed his head in respect knowing their identities, my parents nodded their heads in acknowledgment.

Mother glanced in my direction with a small smile before going to greet him with father in tow. I was unable to hear what they spoke about but I did see Azaroths face turn pale whilst my parents laughed in delight. Surely they aren't threatening his life right?

I turned away looking at my baby until she tossed and turned slightly. I checked her diaper to notice it wasn't that and that's when she cried out for her papa.

Whom rushed to her side, escaping my parents grasp. Wordlessly I gave her to him with swift movements to not wake her, a common exchange we've had since our delightful conversation.

Iris, noticing my behaviour took this as an opportunity to give my family a tour around the castle, with permission from Azaroth, allowing us some privacy. All too soon, the courtyard was silent with nothing but the 3 of us sitting in a bench witnessing the wind brush against the leaves along the floor and nothing but the trees bristling and Emmys light snoring to be heard.

Several moments of awkward silence passed until he spoke with absolute resolve, "I've been a fool lately and I would like to rectify that right now".

For reasons I hadn't had the answer to, tears already began to water my eyesight. I waved his words away and wiped my tears with the other," You have made your decision very clear to me. See you at dinner", I had to muster any strength I had left in me to speak to him, to not reopen fresh wounds that may never leave my soul.

I glanced at my family whom discreetly could hear Azaroth sigh in clear frustration, gently grabbing her wrist with such care I was about to cry yet again.

As if waiting for my permission, I nodded and he pulled me into his arms careful not to disturb our daughters sleep. I was still trying to not be upset and calmed my own heart by taking deep breaths.

Being in his arms with our daughter made me feel so, so serene and at peace, even admitting that to myself scared me. What kind of assassin am I to allow myself to get to this state? Pitiful is all I could think of.

"Forgive me Oriana as I have spent too long to gather my thoughts over what you told. And I've said irresponsible words that I will make up to you in the present and future", He softly told me as he gripped my hand, pulling me again until he was able to wrap his arm around my waist.

I refused to meet his gaze yet and could only listen to his words as he continued," It is you that I fell in love with, not this past Oriana you spoke of. You are the woman who stayed awake every night to make sure our daughter had a good nights rest, it was you who made desserts for everyone to enjoy in the castle, you who built a relationship with my mother and annoying little sister", I giggled a little at him describing Faye.

"While I grateful the other Oriana carried Emmy for several months, it was you who had raised her and gave her the love she gets to experience today. I'd just wanted to say thank you for entrusting me with being a soul from another world and I'm sorry for making you doubt my love for you and you only", he calmly spoke causing the water falls to erupt as I wept like Emmy does when I say no to her.

I tried to wipe my tears and fully comprehend the relief that has enveloped my body at his words. The feelings of guilt I had experienced lately lifted by some but not all.

" I don't know why I'm here or if I'll just vanish like the day I arrived here", I confided in another fear I was never able to tell a single person until now.

"Then I scour the lands and bring in every magician I know and use my power to bring you back to me and our daughter", he spoke in a firm tone, putting my worries to ease.

"My family yet know as well and I will tell them one day, when though is still to be decided".

"And we will face them, together", he responded lifting my chin to finally meet his violet eyes.

The resolve in his eyes calmed me, the feeling of having someone want me for me and to know my secrets released the negative thoughts which have plagued my mind.

"May I?", he asked politely awaiting my answer to which I replied with a deep kiss to his lips. Azaroth smiled into the kiss and move forward to deepen it further.

I lightly pushed against his chest to remind him our daughter was still within his arms, making him blush in embarrassment. I gave him another light kiss on the lips and laid my head against his chest, releasing a sigh of relief.

"Do not think you are totally back in my good books, you made me feel like shit for some time now", I spoke with calmness I myself was surprised with.

"And I will try my hardest everyday to make up for it", he spoke with clear regret, tightening his hold on me.

Okay, now I feel a little bad but I really did think he'd never want me in his sight again. I had enough emotional shit for now and reluctantly removed myself from Azaroth.

He looked like an abandoned puppy as I stood up and couldn't help but roll my eyes, bending down to kiss him and grabbed his hand to guide us to my family.

He stuck to my side as he tightened our intertwined hands pulling me closer to his side. It seems our time apart affected the both of us.

"As much as I'd like to continue our conversation in private, we have to greet my parents properly and break the news to them too", I said as I had to again muster the strength to hopefully not break this family's heart and potentially cause a war to break out.

"I will be right by your side, my love", his honeyed words are making me not form coherent thoughts and I can tell he knows his words have an effect as he smirked.

Oh I can't tell if I want to punch or kiss this man or both. Confessing my feelings for him again will take time to process as I'm still hurt over our previous conversation. But that was a later problem as for now I want to tell my loving family the truth.