Chapter 3

A family, I would truly wonder what it was like to have a family. I used to think that families were nothing but fiction, a myth to fool naive orphans into believing someone would actually love or care for them unconditionally.

But this child of mine, I think that perhaps what the old masters used to tell us that being loved and cared for was a weakness, an unnecessary attachment, is false. The rise of fall of my Emmy's chest solidified that fact, it may be a weakness but it was one I will take upon myself in a heartbeat.

Today I wished to venture through the border of the palace walls. The stone cold walls reminded me too much of my past and I wished to show my Emmy life outside these walls.

I walked around the palace with my baby in my arms, ignoring Iris as she tried to relieve me of holding my child.

"To the kitchen Iris! Emmy and I are going to make some delicious lollies".

I've always had a sweet tooth and to not be able to have a single dessert or snack since I've been here is slowly killing me. Of course my daughter wouldn't be eating any but it should be fun seeing her watch me cook. Besides everyone I've seen throughout the castle are far too serious that I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't know the concept of having fun.

"We are here mistress", Iris said as she opened the door.

As it opened, many different type of races stood at attention, all wearing a pale grey uniform. I gazed in amazement seeing even more races, some reptile like whilst others resembled dog features. A female demoness stood toward as she lowered her head.

"It is an honour, Madam and princess Emersyn. This chef is named Kalani."

I was mildly surprised by the amount of respect held for a mortal enemy like myself but I gazed at my adorable daughter, I knew this attitude was aimed more towards her then I, not that I minded at all. I smiled at the thought that so many people cared for my child.

"I'm sorry to disturb you and your crew but I was hoping if I could make some sweets from my hometown."

Kalani wore a puzzled look which turned into a much more excited smile. Not only her but her crew also looked just as excited too making me slightly gulp seeing their anticipated faces. I can make very, very simple sweet dishes and definitely not the ones they were probably imagining.

"Yes of course Madam. I heard many stories about the humans creating a variety of sweets. Our culture aren't well trained with such dishes, may we also watch on to learn how to improve our skills."

"Um I only know how to make simple dishes", I laughed out loud scratching the side of my head.

Emmy looked up at me before copying my actions also scratching her head. She already been able to even crawl after three weeks of being born.It almost gave me a heart attack when I found her not next to me but I then nearly bursted into tears seeing my Emmy clumsy crawl unto my stomach that morning.

I giggled at her actions and gave her a light kiss on the forehead before placing her on my hip, securely wrapped in my embrace.

"Any help is welcome, now what ingredients do you require."

A lot more emotion was found within the group of cooks who followed my every command into making the sweets. But not before they all individually bowed to Emmy.

I felt like making some cookies and a cake for all of the cooks to share. The kitchen was exactly as I expected, they didn't have any electricity and instead used mana and with those who had fire magic to cook all their dishes.

Luckily they did have ovens which only needed mana fused into it to work. In order to control the heat of the equipment the person using the ovens just needed to increase the amount of mana being used.