Chapter 9 - Fatal Mistake

Violence Warning - This chapter contains violence, nothing too horrible but just so you have just a fair warning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Jin, no! After all we've been through these last few days? Don't do this!"

   Jin looked at her, eyes emotionless. "I'm sorry, Seongmin. But I have to do this. And there's nothing anyone can do to stop me."

   "Please, I'm begging you!"

   Jin ignored her, throwing the small projectile in his hand towards Seongmin. The bright blue plus four card landed on the top of Seongmin's pile, and she looked toward the ceiling in despair.

   "Why are you so good at Uno?" Seongmin cried out, Jin smirking and trying to hold back a snort, Hoseok dying of laughter beside the two of them.

   The last few days had gone in much the same way, with Seongmin and her two roommates playing card and board games, as well as Mario Kart, with all games generally ending with Seongmin getting destroyed. The only thing she'd been able to beat Jin in so far was hide and seek, and they had only played that after Hoseok had tagged her in a fit of boredom and sent her racing through the house after him. He'd ended up in a closet, and then he'd begun counting to ten, the game progressing from there with Jin happily joining in, laughing all the while.

   Jin had begun making a house of cards as Seongmin wallowed in her despair, smirking all the while at her. "I can't stop," he said. "No way."

   "Ugh," Seongmin groaned, as she looked up at him again, Hoseok still laughing. "I vote we play hide and seek again."

   Jin laughed and was about to reply when the doorbell rang, sweet, low chimes echoing through the room for a moment.

   The boys stopped laughing, a confused look coming over Jin's face. "Who could that be?"

   Hoseok, on the other hand, was smiling widely, eagerly running to the door to answer it. Jin sighed, smiling softly.

   "He does this a lot. He'll just randomly invite a friend over without letting anyone else know," Jin explained. "He loves people so much, he can't get enough human contact."

   Seongmin laughed. "I had a friend like that once. It was always funny to see her interact with people who hated physical contact."

   Jin chuckled at this as well, and they both turned to see Hoseok leading a tall, blonde haired man into the room, laughing as he did so. Seongmin perked up at the sight of him, recognizing him instantly.

   "Namjoon?"

   Namjoon's eyes widened a bit and his dimples appeared in a grin when he caught sight of her. "Seongmin! Hey! What are you doing here?"

   "Roommate situation," Seongmin began, before she was cut off by a confused Jin.

   "Wait, you two know each other?"

   "Yes," the other three said in unison, drawing laughter from all of them. Seongmin continued, "Namjoon and I met in a coffee shop a couple weeks ago. Hoseok was the waiter, that's how I knew him before I came here."

   "Ah," Jin stated, eyebrows raised. "Well, nice to know mutual friends exist."

   Namjoon chuckled, "I guess so. Anyway, Seongmin, you room here now? When did this happen?"

   "A couple nights ago," she said. "Apparently I'm the target of a gang. I've been caught by them before, but... someone rescued me."

   Seongmin wasn't sure if she should state that it was a superhero that had saved her, more than a bit paranoid about bringing that topic up after the talk with Chihun had gone wrong.