Prologue

A pale blue fluorescent light flooded the sterile room and was reflected off of the white walls. A small group of men and women dressed in thin white coats were huddled around their subject with their silver clipboards, and an endless row of variables, waiting to be tested.

A young man's stripped body was laid out on a cool steel table in the center of attention, entangled with the polychromatic wires of electrodes. His limbs were fettered down by chilled manacles. Days passed before all signs of warmth eluded both his mind and body, tossed onto the growing pile of his forgotten past.

Cries of excruciating agony unwillingly escaped him were absorbed into the sound proof walls of the lab. He screamed and screamed until he choked on his own blood. 

A single month trudged by, emitting the air of a century.

After a decade of suffering, pain could not reach him anymore. The boy would then simply lay there, conscious of the knives that neatly sliced his body, of the long thin needles that dove several inches deep, of the fingers and tools that dug around inside him.

Fully aware yet completely helpless.

He no longer drew breath nor did he eat. He could no longer feel the light fluttering of his heart dancing against his chest.

A solitary expression of indifference was carved into his stone-like face. They had stripped him of all he had ever loved and known, leaving him hanging by the last few threads of life and sanity.

Perfection. 

The sound of the clicking locks that had once bound him dropped heavily, and without wasting even the briefest moment, the boy grabbed his liberator's head and crushed it like an egg.

The boy whipped his head around only to find his reflection staring back in the glossy eyes of a gaping woman in a white coat. Despite the many years that had passed and the excessive carvings done on him, the boy's features remained as if he was untouched by both time and nature. Disgusted, the sight triggered something within him. The built up panic and fear were released into a rampage. Not before long, that rampage bloomed into a satisfying flood of crimson.

One by one, quickly and elegantly, each and every white coat dropped to the ground. Dodging and gutting each an every threat. 

The boy stood there amid hundreds of lifeless bodies and stared, confounded at his stained hands. 

He dropped to floor and dragged his knees to his chest, clenching his dark hair at the scalp with white knuckles. A curious smile twitched across his face. A slow raspy chuckle emerged from the artificial voice that replaced his broken one. Tears slipped from behind his eyes and dribbled down his cheeks in two ripe rivers. His saturnine laughter echoed throughout the flickering corridors of the facility.

Neither humans nor time could reach him again.

That boy was indestructible.