Match Made

Black Sheep cringed as Mime Bomb was thrown to the ground with a resounding thud.

   "Ooooof, yikes," Crackle said with a wince. "That's gotta hurt."

   "I know," Black Sheep conceded. The mime struggled to sit up, looking dazed. "Would it kill Tigress to take it down a notch?"

   "Honestly, yeah," Crackle chuckled, "it probably would." The tall thief glanced down at his friend. "Sheena's pretty competitive if you haven't noticed."

   "Oh I've noticed," Black Sheep said. "It's just that there's a difference between being competitive and being aggressive."

   Crackle shrugged. "Well, you're not wrong."

   The pair watched as Tigress approached her opponent, a triumphant look on her face. She kneeled in front of Mime Bomb. "You alright there Freakshow?"

   He shrugged, proceeding to shoot Tigress a dirty look. The blonde woman sighed. "I know, no more name calling. Sorry"

   Mime Bomb nodded, seemingly appeased. Tigress offered him her hand as she stood up. The mute thief accepted it, staggering a bit as he fought for balance.

   "Wow, that was almost friendly," Black Sheep said as Mime Bomb walked away. "It's a shame she's not as nice to everyone else."

   "Come on, Sheena's not that bad," Crackle insisted. He recoiled as his friend gave him a scathing glare. "Well... maybe she is towards you."

   "Understatement of the century," Black Sheep grumbled. "She hates me."

   "That's a strong word" Crackle said. "She just, really dislikes you."

   "That's literally the definition of-"

   "Enough slacking off!" The two thieves jumped at Coach Brunt'a intrusion. "Y'all are gossiping like a couple of hens!" The tall woman glared down at the initiates. They stared up at her in nervous silence for a few moments.

   "Y'all about done?" They nodded. "Well good. Crackle, you can work with El Topo and Le Chèvre." The brunette boy nodded again before scurrying away to work with his teammates.

   Coach Brunt turned her attention to Black Sheep. "You can spar with Tigress, since she and Mime Bomb are done."

   She smiled at the young thief's disgruntled expression. "Sorry Lambkins, you should've been working. Now go on, I gotta make sure Mime Bomb gets to the infirmary."

   Black Sheep sighed as the Coach Brunt walked away. Of course she'd get paired with Tigress, because why not. She turned to look at her opponent. The blonde thief smirked at her, a malicious glint in her eyes.

   "Aww, did your mommy leave you to the dogs?" Tigress cooed.

   "She left me to the cats actually," Black Sheep said, approaching her rival. "One really awful kitty." She grinned as Tigress narrowed her eyes at her.

   "Try saying that when you're pinned to the floor," the older girl growled. She took a fighting stance, Black Sheep following suit. Today's practice was for hand to hand combat, no weapons allowed. Black Sheep found it unfair that Tigress got to use her claws, but there was really no helping the situation.

   The two rivals circled each other, cautious as ever. They glared at each other, unwilling to break eye contact. They'd sparred often enough to know each other's strengths, as well as their weaknesses. The two thieves were like clockwork, their battles smooth and calculated. Needless to say, their confrontations were intense.