Two Surprises

Chapter 3: Two Surprises

CASSIE'S POV:

        End of the day finally! It was extremely funny when that little emo kid.....Bella kicked Keeley's ass. Wow, she is brave and very strong for the smallest girl in high school. She still looks like a middle schooler for God's sake!  
        "Ahh! What the-" I scrapped my knee! That like really hurts! I got off and dusted off my clothing. What the hell did I just trip on?............... -_- ........A book? I was just about to kick the darn thing when I saw a strange glow coming from it. I picked it up slowly and read the title. " The Book of....Shadows? Where have I heard of that before?" Hmmm....I'll take it home with me. It's just a book plus it was on the ground so I doubt anyone would want it.

                                                                 15 minutes later

        I studied the, heavy, black book like the most interesting thing in the world. It had very neat handwriting  on the outside, but looked a bit worn out and ancient. The touch of the book kind of freaked me out as well....it was warm...almost.....welcoming. There was this strange glow it had, brighter than when I first saw it. I touched it one last time and then I swear I heard a sweet voice calling towards me. 'Open the book Cassie' it said   'Your entire life will change for the better' it taunted me. I really wanted to open the book but I was freaking out. I really don't know what to do. Just open the darn thing Cassie!! I started to open the book and all of a sudden the pages began to turn violently and the book slammed shut. I then began to notice that my room was shaking. I thought we didn't have earthquakes here!! My books flew off the shelf threatening to hit me. My nightstand fell right in front of my feet 2 centimeters away causing me to scream. I grabbed the book and slid underneath my bed afraid of what was gonna happen. Closing my eyes tightly I hugged the book to my chest. Oh God help me! 
        "You called for help?" I opened my eyes to find my mother.......but...but....she's dead. She was so beautiful. I noticed I looked a lot like her and starting crying. "I know honey." She said wiping the tears away kissing my forehead.  "I was sent back to help you. Your a witch and you have a coven to find soon. If you don't hurry-" She faded away as my eyes widened in shock. Heart pacing.....fast
        "Wi-wi-witch? But, that stuff doesn't exist does it?" I suddenly remembered I was under the bed. I bet my room is a mess! I slid from under closing my eyes not wanting to see all the damage. 1.......2.......3.....Opening my eyes slowly.......there was nothing. Everything was back in it's place......was I dreaming??? I checked the book in my hands....."The Book of Shadows." I was freakng out. My heart was beating so fast, then everything went black...........................