Why so many Zombies?

BEWARE: HORRID CHAPTER AHEAD! SORRY. ;(

We walked in silence. 

Kim's feet shuffled along the ground, it snowed freezing us slightly.

"Mazz-" Kim put her hand on my shoulder. 

"No." I demand and I shove her away. 

"You don't have to do this alone." Kim whispered. 

"Kim," I say whirling on her, "get away! You don't know what I have to do to keep us alive! I just had to kill my best friend! My best friend I had to shoot. You have nothing to say in comparison! So just shut up!" 

Kim looked at me. I meant every word I said. 

"No, you shut up!!! I've lived by your rules my whole life!" 

I glare at her and just turn and walk away. 

"No wait," Kim calls. I just continue walking.

Eventually Kim reached my side and we walked in silence again.
-------

"Mazz I'm sorry," Kim whispers as we enter a new town with a sign that's spread with guts I can no longer read it.

"I know," but I didn't. She has never said thank you to me. Never. Well she probably has but that was just because she had to. She never means it. 

I guess that this is just a stupid sister feud. 

Kim takes my hand and says "I really am sorry,"

"I know," I lie again.

Gripping her hand I drag Kim along the backstreets. Trying to make as little noise as possible.

"Mazz," Kim whisper shouts, "Mazz!" She actually talks. I don't look back at her. I only drag her more and faster to somewhere that I would guess to be safe. "MAZZ!" Kim screams.

I lurch to a stop and whirl on her. "Yes Kim?" I ask half annoyed half worried.

"I-I saw some zombies back there. They were chasing us. Then you turned and I don't know where they are now."

My boots crunch on the snow as I ponder on what to do now.

Turning back to her I say "okay Kim. We are still going to run. They won't catch us. I mean there just a bunch of lousy zombies."

That could be my friends, my parents, my enemies.

I grip Kim's hand again and we dart through the narrow streets. She slips a few times on the ice but I just drag her as she stumbles to regain balance.

"Where are we going?" Kim asks. 

"I have no idea,"  Now I head grunts and groans from behind me. We run under a falling down bridge that leads into another building. The wood is so rotten it grazes my head "Kim!" I yell and she ducks. 

"Mazz where are we going!" Kim yells yet again. 

"Kim!" I growl and then I see them. 

Zombies are up ahead and are cornering us. We are trapped. 

These zombies are remarkibly smarter than the ones we have been facing. 

"Mazz......" Kim knows we are in deep trouble. 

I let go of Kim's hand. 

"Mazz!" Kim whisper shouts. "What are you doing." 

"Just trust me," I turn back to her.