Chapter 8: Fear and worry

Start from the beginning

Kirishima sweat dropped and let out a weary laugh. It seems like Katsuki can never be honest with his feelings and thoughts. Katsuki's pride won't allow him to admit that he's the first one to ran off to looking for Izuku after he heard about him from Kaminari.

"But how do you know that it was me?" Izuku asked.

"Because you're the only vampire who is stupid enough to do something like that. Now that you know how fucking dangerous our job is, do not get yourself involved again. You might not die but you can never be able to kill another vampire."

Izuku lower his head and say nothing. He just experience it himself after all. How scary it is to be fighting against another vampire. At the same time, he's also scared of something else. What if one day, Katsuki never return back home? What if Katsuki... died during his battle with the vampires?

To Izuku, Katsuki's the symbol of victory who will never lose. But Izuku's starting to have his doubt and he hate it.

The smell of another human approaching them send Izuku into a panic. The owner of this smell belong to the hunter that he saved just now but why is he coming over here?

Izuku stood up and bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from making a sound. His wounds hasn't fully heal yet so it still hurts for him to be moving around. He scrambled to the nearly hiding spot, which turns out to be a standing sign board.

There shouldn't be any reason for Izuku to hide from the hunter since Katsuki and Kirishima has gave their report about him. Since he's injured and is in the middle of healing, his instinct doesn't seem to trust the other hunters approaching him beside Katsuki and Kirishima yet. Which is probably why Izuku went to hide without thinking.

At first, Izuku's action confused both Katsuki and Kirishima but when they saw Kaminari running towards them, they were glad that he listen to his instinct to hide his weak and vulnerable body from the unfamiliar hunter.

Because they keep Izuku's existence a secret from everyone, there's going to be a huge trouble if the other hunters were to saw Izuku with them. And Izuku still doesn't know this yet.

"T-there you are!" Kaminari panted. He bend his upper body forward and place his hands on his knee, taking in deep breath. "You guys are way too fast! As soon as I found you guys, you left me behind and went to look for the 'fake' Yamato!"

Looking up, Kaminari blinked when he saw that there are no vampires in sight. "Huh? Where did the 'fake' Yamato go?"

"That fucker got away." Katsuki replied.

"Again? Then what about the vampire wearing a black hoodie?"

"...We didn't see him." Kirishima averted his gaze from Kaminari. He isn't fond of lying to his friend but it's the best that the less people know about Izuku, the better it is.

"Oh, I see..." Kaminari lower his head in disappointment. The next time if he were to meet that hooded vampire again, he could be an enemy that need to be eliminate, since vampires couldn't hold back their instinct to attack human and drink blood for long. So while that vampire is still trying to remain 'human', Kaminari wanted to thank him for saving him.

"Anyway, now that the vampire is gone, we should go back and report to the higher ups." Kirishima suggested.

"You fuckers can go by yourself. I'm heading back home." Katsuki said.

"Wait-" Kaminari wanted to protest but Kirishima put an arm around his shoulder and laugh.

"Alright, then we'll go back to the headquarter. See you tomorrow, Bakugou!" Kirishima said as he start to lead Kaminari away from Katsuki and Izuku. He knew that Izuku still need time to heal and it wouldn't be good if Kaminari were to notice him. It's not that Kirishima doesn't trust Kaminari with this secret, he just doesn't want his friend to get into trouble by joining them to break the rules.