'' walaikum salam my lion son how are you?'' she asked her in her usual motherly affection making him smile on his neck name. He nodded and kissed her fore head but glanced at her who was standing there looking at him then averted her eyes.

''as....asalamu alaikum'' she meekly greeted him while still looking down but feeling his intense gaze on her.

'' walaikum salam'' he answered in his usual dominating voice making her nervous. She was feeling his gaze on her like he was gazing her soul.

'' Veeda my child go make his food ready and also yours. Last night you skipped your food what do you think I will not know it. Don't forget I have raised kids my child alone, I have managed a house alone so I know it. Now go and have your dinner with your husband while I will pray and go to sleep now in peace'' she got up with difficulty as she was having knee pain cause of her age. But what she said shocked Hammad and nervous Veeda. They both were standing in hall while Hammad's eyes were on her and her eyes were on her hands.

'' you skipped your dinner because you were waiting for me last night and I came late so you slept empty stomach?'' he asked her in his ascendancy voice sending shivers down her spine. She looked up at him whose hands were in his pockets and was waiting for her to reply him. He was looking handsome in his army suit. His bulging figure was doing good justice to the suit. She swallowed looking at him. His raven hairs were messy on his forehead like he had brushed it many times with his hands. His strong neck and his strong shoulders while standing with his hands in his pockets, his muscles were budging out. He was carrying the suite and his dignity with pride. She looked at his face and realized she was gazing him when he raised his eye brow at her making her avert her eyes from him.

'' have a grip on yourself idiot. You are staring him shamelessly''

She mentally cursed herself while squeeze shut her eyes unaware that he was looking at her acts with keen interest.

He chuckled and came stood close to her. He left her chin with his finger and made her to look at his eyes. Hammad knew that she is beautiful but her innocence and guilelessness was making him protective and possessive toward her.

'' you didn't answer me'' he huskily told her making her to fight a battle within herself because his closeness was affecting her. He always had that effect on her and she was confuse why she was feeling intimidating from him even before marriage.

'' i....i wanted to eat w...with you'' she managed to reply while looked at his chest but not his eyes.

Hammad wanted to ask her more but he left it as he wanted her to eat since she was thin in front of him that way he could have his eyes on her to make her eat properly. So he left to take fresh and she released her breath that she had no idea she was holding all this time. He returned with simple white t shirt and grey sweat pants. Veeda didn't look at him as she knew he was already looking at her. So she dished out the food and they had it silently. There was something in that silence too that they both were enjoying. But all of a sudden he decided to break it.

'' Veeda mom said I should drop you at your parents house. It's a costume that girl stays after marriage in her parents' house. So get ready I will drop you tomorrow'' she stopped eating and looked at him who was eating his food. Veeda was missing her family and wanted to spend time with them. She felt happy about it.

'' ok'' she replied in her usual meek voice and continued to have her food silently.

'' but '' he paused and looked at her who stopped eating and looked at him as well.

'' for how many days'' he took her off guard as she had no idea what to tell him. Her eyes roam here and there than him but he was noticing her actions with keen absorption.