Chapter 1

It had been 3 years since your familie's death. Since then you decided to complete the promise you made with your younger brother. Even though becoming a demon slayer sounded easy, it wasn't. For the past three years the man that had saved you began training you after you asked if he could teach you how to kill a demon like him. The man was named Sakonji Urokodaki, after he helped you with the demon he let you live with him because you were only 10 and had no one to take care of you. Since then you formed a bond, you ever so often called him dad, since you never had a proper father figure and Sakonji acted as one. You caught your self calling him that. He didn't mind, he also found him self calling you daughter and kid sometimes too. Even if he was serious, he could be soft.

final selection. You stretched as you put on your new (color) haori, it had soft fur on the inside. After placing it on you noticed Sakonji. He had something behind his back, you smiled. "I'm ready and packed for the final selection, I think I'll handle this test well." He nodded while walking over. After standing a small distance away in front of you he handed you a mask that was upside down. Picking it up you turned it over, it was a black kitsune mask. While holding it up immediately hugged Sakonji. "Thank you." Sakonji patted your back feeling a sick feeling in his stomach. He wasn't so sure about you doing the final selection. You had only three years of training and he wasn't sure if that was enough time. You managed to pick up on most of the basics of his breathing techniques but he couldn't help but feel like you didn't like the technique.

"How are you feeling?"

You thought for a brief moment before answering with a confident tone. "I feel ready."

You walked outside of the home and placed the kitsune mask on the side of your head. The Kitsune mask was a warding mask. About to head off you turned back and ran back to hug Sakonji briefly.  "See ya soon dad!" After letting go you ran off into the distance heading off.

"Please return, kid."