Prologue

Brother's name : (B/n)
Mother's name : (M/n)
Sister's name : (S/n)

"One-chan?" The voice of your younger brother (B/n) softly called out. This year he was finally four. "Yes?" You walked out of your room holding dirty laundry in a basket. "Where are you going tomorrow?" You smiled lightly, "I'm going to the town so I could sell some jewelry that mother made." He got up and walked towards you grabbing the small basket helping you towards the laundry room. "Why?" In the laundry room you dropped the basket making the younger boy do the same. "So we can buy food and clothes for you."

You placed the laundry in the soapy water, getting ready to clean it. He did the same throwing the laundry in splashing you slightly. "Ah, well thank you for supporting us with food Onee-Chan!" He smiled brightly, you pinched his chubby cheeks after placing all the laundry in the water. "When you become a demon slayer you'll be supporting us then, right." You bent down to his height. "I hope! I want to be like dad and work with the demons slayer corp!" He ran around you before running out the room. You smiled sadly before turning to scrub the clothing slowly. No one has told him what happened to father.

While you were deep in thought you didn't notice he returned, his big eyes stared at you which caught your attention easily. "Why don't you be a demon slayer right now, Onee-chan?" You glanced at him, pinching his cheeks again you said. "I'm barely 10." He smiled, "But when your 14 your gonna try right!" You looked towards him, "Totally."

"(B/n)! (Y/n)! Foods ready!" Your mother called. "Yes!" (B/n) yelled then opened his arms towards you wanting to get a piggy back ride. While getting up you place him on your back. Walking towards the dinner room, your brother stuck his pinky out. "Will you promise me that you will join the demon slayer Corp with me?" You smiled, 'Maybe following in the steps of your father won't be bad'. You placed him on the floor, "I promise." You stick your pinkie out.

It was around 7am when you woke up. You grabbed a box and placed your mother's hand made jewelry in it. While organizing the box you heard crying from a room. Grabbing the box and putting it in a basket that you could carry as a back-pack, you walked towards the room. Your sister (S/n), who was 11 months old stared at your (e/c) eyes with her lighter (e/c) glossy eyes. Picking her up you cooed. "I'll be back soon, (S/n), it won't be too long until my return." You ticked her sides which made her giggle.

On the way down the hall your younger brother walked out of his room with a frown. Your mother was in the hall behind him, you placed (S/n) in her arms. Your mother held (S/n) with one arm and caressed your cheek. "Be careful. Please come back before noon, demons will be out then. It doesn't matter if there's more people who want to buy at night, return before noon." You smiled nodding, "Yeah! Onee-chan you better be back, not like last time! You stayed all night there selling! " Your brother pouted.

You ruffled his hair. "I promise I'll be back." You hugged your little brother and kissed his cheek. Your mother hugged and kissed your cheek before you left.

Walking along the trail that lead to your home that was outside the village in the farmlands you rushed back home. You were scolding yourself for staying out late, but it was a good thing, you sold all your mothers jewelry. You made a big amount of money enough to pay for this months fire wood and food. On the way back the owls made their usual hoots that was made at night. Slowing down when you saw your home in the distance you sighed in relief. It was the second time you made it back safely at night. While on the way back you heard an ear piercing scream. The scream made your heart beat fast. Running back home quickly you made your way towards the door. Not caring about how loud you were, you slammed it open.

The scene you saw horrified you. Your mother laid bloodied guarding your siblings, they weren't breathing. Your eyes widened, you were way too shocked to scream nor cry. You eyes traveled towards the demon crouched beside them eating some skin off of your mother. The demon's skin alone was clean, no blood on it just it's blue colored skin. It's red eyes stared at you. "I guess I'm gonna have a feast tonight!" He grinned showing you his sharp jagged teeth. He lunged towards you, before his teeth came in contact with you, you quickly grabbed the wooden box that was used to carry the jewelry and slammed in on his head. He stumbled back, a frown on his half smashed face.

You didn't have any weapons except a wooden box that was half damaged now. "You'll pay for that brat!" He jumped towards you again. Turning around to run out the fence you felt him grab your ankle which made you trip and fall on the ground. He pulled you back making you try to kick him but it didn't help. Underneath the demon you couldn't do anything but put your arms up in defense waiting for your death to go by quick. While closing your eyes shut you were breathing heavily, as you waited for the demon to bite you, you heard nothing but a loud thud.

You still had your eyes shut thinking of the worst. That's when you felt something touch your hands that was held in front of your face as defense. You flinched once you felt something touch you again. You heard faint breathing in front of you. Slowly you began to open your eyes that was one closed tightly shut. Once your eyes opened, a tall guy with a red goblin mask stood in front of you. He had a blue kimono on and hid something behind his back. "Are you okay?" He questioned. You nodded tears pricking at the side of your eyes once you laid eyes on your dead family again.

"It's okay your safe now."