Reading Motivation-Minjoon

Jimin sat on the couch, cuddled in a huge thick blanket as he drank warm coffee while watching the snow fall slowly outside. He turned on the TV and hummed to himself until he heard the front door unlock. Instantly, a blurr or white ran to the door and started barking and scratching.

"Monie calm down!" Jimin yelled from the couch.

The door opened slowly, revealing a bundled up Namjoon coming inside the house. He shivered as he closed the door and pet Monie's head.

"Hey boy." Namjoon greeted before setting his things down by the door.

Jimin turned around and smiled when he saw Namjoon walking in. Monie happily wagged his tail before running back into the living room and lying down on the soft carpet floor. Namjoon went over to Jimin and picked up his face to kiss his boyfriend's plump lips.

"Hey baby."

"Hey Joonie, how was work today?" Jimin asked like always.

Namjoon sighed as he started to take off his layer of coats and went to go sit by Jimin.

"Tiring like always." Namjoon laughed.

Jimin hummed as Namjoon pulled the blanket and got under it with Jimin. The two cuddled up against each other, watching a Christmas movie that was playing. Namjoon started to feel drowsy until he remembered what he was so excited to come home for, besides Jimin. He practically rocketed off the couch and went to the door to get what he brought. Jimin sat up and looked over to what Namjoon was getting. Namjoon grabbed a book from his satchel and placed it behind himself as Jimin arched an eyebrow.

"I brought you something Minie." Namjoon said with his dimpled smile.

"Why?" Jimin asked and giggled, "there's no special occasion right?"

Both laughed as Namjoon went over and stood in front of Jimin.

"Well I know you like reading books so." Namjoon said and showed the book he was hiding behind his back.

Jimin's eyes widened as he gasped and looked up at Namjoon. It was one of the books he had been wanting to read for a long time but always forgot to get it.

"Really Joonie?" Jimin asked with a huge smile.

"Yes really baby."

"Ahhh thank you so much! Best boyfriend ever!!" Jimin squealed in delight as he grabbed the book and pecked Namjoon's cheek multiple times.

"But...there are some special rules for this book." Namjoon started.

Jimin smile faded a bit as he started to complain.

"Awww no~." Jimin whined.

Namjoon just chuckled at his boyfriend's cuteness before booping his nose.

"Yes. It'll make it more fun to read and you'll read it way faster. Plus it's super interesting." Namjoon said.

Jimin just pouted as Namjoon bent down and took the chance to kiss his lips.

"Now, this book has 40 chapter. You can read 5 chapter per day alright. And only 5, nothing more and nothing less. Got it?" Namjoon asked.

Jimin nodded. Namjoon smiled to himself, happy that Jimin didn't pick up the fact that within a week he would finish the book during the same day as Christmas. Jimin smiled as he held up the book.

"So...can I read it now?" Jimin asked.

Namjoon nodded and Jimin smiled. He went and jumped on the couch to hey comfortable and read his book as soon as possible. Namjoon smiled at the sight of Jimin putting on his glasses and laying down on his stomach to read the book. Once Jimin got comfortable he started reading. Instantly the book captivated his mind and all he could hear was the sound of the setting that was taking place in his book. His eyes seemed to wander over the pages, ignoring all background sounds. That was, until he finished the first chapter and stumbled upon a yellow sticky note at the beginning of chapter 2. Jimin took it off and read the note.