Chapter Five

Author's Note: 

As the story progresses, it will have some mature content including explicit language, mild violence, and sexual themes. This may be triggering or bothersome to some readers. Please keep this in mind and use discretion when reading. This is likely the only time I will insert an author's note on the subject before a chapter. However, I will be adding one as it's own chapter before Chapter One. Enjoy! 

--

By the time I got out of my cathartic shower, all of the lights in the house were out. My parents were asleep and Nat had already left. I padded to my room to towel off and change into whatever pajamas I could find in my dresser. After rummaging through all of my drawers, I found the most acceptable pair of old black biker shorts I could find. They were a little too tight on my thighs, but not uncomfortably so. I coupled it with a way-too-big-for-me Ramones t-shirt. That should do the trick of keeping everything covered that I didn't want to be seen. The shirt ballooned out just below my hips. I threw my hair into a loose top bun that resembled more of a pineapple top than a ponytail. I was to let it air dry tonight and straighten it tomorrow. I made a mental note to bring my bags into the house in the morning.

The thought reminded me of my record player Harry asked me about. I needed to get it from my trunk before he got here. It was a gift from him for my 18th birthday. I asked him not to get me anything, but he insisted. He said a record player would ensure that I kept the legacy of vinyl going while I was away at college. At the time, I chuckled at his hipster reasoning, but he was right. The sound quality was far superior.

I checked my phone before I pranced downstairs and out to my car. I had one text from Harry.

Hazza: pulling up in a sec

Me: ayeeeeee

As upset as I was before, the overwhelming feeling of nostalgia outweighed the disappointing events of earlier. I was happy and excited to be finally be spending time with Harry after such a long year. It felt like the first time we had a sleepover in 9th grade. I had to sneak him in through my window. My parents knew I was friends with him and he could come over, but he always had to be gone by 9 pm. I understood that they didn't want boys sleeping over, but it was Harry. I didn't look at him how I looked at the other boys in our grade. He wasn't gross and he was actually smart. Two qualities that were hard to find among the boys at Cambria Middle School and High School. Our bond was platonic, but parents were going to be parents. After they realized he had been sneaking over for weeks and I wasn't pregnant, they came around to the idea of letting him actually come through the front door to spend the night.

I shoved my phone into the waistband of my shorts and lifted up the trunk of my 4Runner. I don't know why I didn't pack the damned record player on top. Half of my body was practically in the trunk just digging for it.

I heard footsteps crunch up the gravel driveway. Harry and those damn boots.

"It's been a long time since I've seen you with this little clothes on."

Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuuuuuck, I mentally screamed. I recognized that smug voice anywhere. It wasn't Harry, it was Liam.

Liam and I dated for most of my college sophomore year until around spring break. I almost completely forgot he only lived two houses down. It was convenient when we wanted to sneak out to have sex in his back seat, but now that we've broken up, I hated the closeness. I wasn't looking forward to seeing him. I knew if I timed my departures from the house correctly, we would never run into each other. I was wrong. I forgot how much of a creep he was. His bedroom window faced the street and I know he saw me parked out here.

"What do you want?" I grabbed the pink portable Crosley record player from underneath a garbage bag full of shoes and quickly stood up. I didn't want him staring at me longer than he already did. I pulled my shirt down, attempting to cover my body as best as I could. I also skipped the underwear (I was not picking out a wedgie all night) and I know he could see the outline of everything when I was bent over.

"If I didn't see your car parked out here, you wouldn't have told me you were back. You've been avoiding me for months," he inched closer and darted his tongue out to lick his lips. "I've missed you."

"Correction. You've missed having sex with me," I reminded him.

"Same thing, isn't it?" He reached out and lightly tugged at the bottom of my shirt in an attempt to pull me closer to him. "No bra either?"

I don't know what made me talk to Liam in the first place. I wish he could give me my virginity back. I internally dry heaved at the thought of sharing my first time with him. He shrugged his shoulders and dragged his eyes down my entire body. He was mentally undressing me, I could tell. I suddenly became conscious of the weight of my breasts as they moved underneath the baggy shirt from my labored breathing. I mentally scolded myself for being lazy and not just throwing on a camisole underneath this. 

"Liam, I'm going inside," I stepped back, using the record player as both a barrier between us and to hold my chest in place.

"Let me come with you," he looked up at all the windows and noticed all of the lights were out. "It'll be quick."

His scruff was more noticeable and his hair was perfectly gelled into place despite it being 10 pm.

"You can't just waltz up to my driveway after watching me out of the window and think I'm going to take you upstairs," I half shouted. I didn't want to wake the neighbors or my sleeping parents.

It wasn't that I was afraid of Liam trying to hurt me. It was that I was annoyed by his general presence. The way his greedy hands would move over my body when we were being intimate made me feel like I was a toy to him. I only gave him a chance because I stupidly had a crush on him most of my adolescent years. We were already deep on the outs by the time we actually broke up. The rest of the feelings I had for him drowned when I caught him having a threesome on his pool deck.

"Come on," Liam pleaded.