CHANCE 14 Unedited*

Tion

"Princess, how are you " Trevon gently tugged his little sister  Maddys thick 4c hair, to greet her, as she sat infront of the tv in her pjs watching Peppa Pig. Completely oblivious to his presence.

"Ugh, I thought Yu was Sheyanne and where are my sweets?" She demanded, exposing her missing teeth. For someone that was only four, Maddy  was always losing teeth and it baffled Trevon as he never recalled himself losing as much teeth, at her age.

"So your not happy to see me" Tion grinned as he went into his pockets, for her sweets.

"Yess I am, I'm just hungry" She moaned, as she snatched her favourited sweets from Trevon hand. If it weren't for him being so tired he, would have fought her for how she aggressively took the sweets from him. For someone so little, Maddy had a great personality. She was always talking and so sassy all the time.

"How comes you haven't eaten?" He asked. It was already 1 in the afternoon and she was yet to have had her  bath or have her lunch , which was unusual.

"Sheyanne went to buy some McDonald's for us" Maddy answered with her mouth stuffed with sweets.

" oh, have you seen mum today?"Tion stated curiously, as he updated himself with the current affairs of the house. He was knackered and all he wanted now was his bed.

"Mummy has been in her room all day," Maddy innocently stated. She knew absolutely nothing about their mums condition and how severe it was.

"Where Kee" he asked referencing his older sister Kianna.

"Out" she replied.

In disbelief Tion, made his way to her bedroom to check for her, as he yelled for his other sister Kianna that was supposed to be home. He got nothing. Urgently running up the stairs to check for his older sister Kianna, in her room he was comforted with silence. Pissed. He could not believe how irresponsible his sisters were to leave their unwell mother alone. They had all had to give up something. As young as they all were, they' have all had to make life changing sacrifices to cater for their mum and baby sister Madeline. Even their youngest sister Sheyanne, has had to give up part of her teenage years to babysit.

He was angry, but his mothers safety  was his priority. The last time, she was alone things did not end well and Trevon could not help fear, a potential repeat of history.

"Mum mum" he knocked

Silence

"Mum mum" He knocked once more, this time much more firmly and loudly.

A cloud of fear overcame Trevon. He was terrified. All he could hear now was heart. He then held onto her door knob with his sweaty palms; he was scared. He didn't know what to expect to see from behind the door.

Overwhelmed, as he finally got the courage to open her bedroom door. He saw her. On her bed staring at the wall. Her eyes dull, she had no form of expression on her face, no emotions nothing. She was deteriorating and her condition was worsening. Even her weight was declining, she was even more bony and thinner now.

"Mum, did you not hear me knocking?" He walked towards her, with relief.

Silent.

"What is it Trevon?" Finally responsive, as she looked up at him with a faint smile and confusion in her face to why he was tapping her bony shoulders.

"I was knocking at the door"

Damilola

"How many times do I have to keep repeating the same thing to you?" Riah kissed her teeth, as she blow drier her lace down.