Chapter 2: A New World

With that, my pitch black world of nothingness became silent again, but then suddenly turned into a world full of color and noise. I was laying in a large field of long green grass with beautiful wild flowers sprouting out randomly in bushels from the ground.

As I looked out across the valley and at the hilly fields and tall forest trees and fresh water stream nearby and the huge icy mountains far in the distance, it took me a minute to realize that I was stark naked. I was thankful that nobody was around to see me, a random nude lady, relaxing in the grass. My body pretty much looked the same as I had remembered it, so I guessed that Fred guy had chosen to give me my old body.

I turned around and noticed a wooden wagon without a horse balancing on the ground. I looked around to see if anyone was near by, possibly the owner of the wagon maybe, but I didn't see anyone.

The wagon was quite cool, it looked like those medieval wagons you see in historical television dramas or fantasy games.

The wooden exterior was coated in some kind of varnish and railings were painted sea blue

The wooden exterior was coated in some kind of varnish and railings were painted sea blue. Pretty blue and red material was hung over the windows to create some kind of screen to keep the sun from filtering into the wagon and material lamps were hung around the sides. 

I climbed up the wagon's steps to get into the wagon and saw that it was spacious inside. There was an elevated section that was layered with fluffy blankets and pillows, which looked like it would make quite a comfortable sleeping spot. There was a wooden desk built into the side of the wagon as well as shelves nailed into the sides of the cabins' walls. You couldn't see it at first glance but there was a small hatch that lead to the roof of the wagon. I guessed it would make a nice perch for sitting on when driving around in the wagon.

I opened one of the shelves and found a few medieval looking dresses (shapeless with bad fabric), when I brought them to my body I noticed that they were just my size.

I put a long-sleeved blue dress on and I felt that it really did fit, except that it was quite stiff and the material it was made out of was coarse and dry and made my skin itch. When I looked back into the cupboard I saw that there was a white blouse/undergarment for the dress. I quickly put it on under the dress and was grateful for the relief from the scratchy material.

As I scanned over the wagon one more time I noticed a weird scratch in the middle of the left wall of the wagon, I leaned into it, to get a closer look. It read:

from Fred, to Joan.

"Thanks Fred." I called out, hoping that he could hear me wherever he was.

I guess this wagon was my 'welcome to your new life' present. I was quite pleased with it, especially as I did some more digging around the wagon and found a sack of silver coins. As well as a pair of boots, a large straw hat, a big leather-bound book that said 'Book of magic' on the cover in a language that wasn't English but that I could somehow read, some pots and pans, a few weapons, various other things, and finally a mirror.